JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This will be the 2nd to last meeting before the big Pick-Up The Burn project in May. We will discuss how NWFA can be more involved in this and other efforts in the State DNR Larch Mt. area.

I could sure use another set of eyes, ears and an extra brain! Let me know if you can attend.

WA. Dept. of Natural Resources holds meetings every other month called TAG (Trail Advisory Group). This group is comprised of several representatives of various outdoor recreational groups around Clark County, WA. Those represented are hikers, horse riders, bicyclists, motorcycle riders, ATV's and 4 wheelers. NWFA is the only fire arms community represented at these meetings.

It is at these TAG meetings where discussions, plans and proposals are made regarding the recreational use of our local State lands. The issues often directly impact the future of recreational target shooting and hunting.

A CHANGE IN MEETING TIME AND LOCATION!

The February 5th Trail Advisory Group Meeting. REMINDER: The meeting starts @ 6pm and will be at the Dollars Corner Fire Station #26. 21609 NE 72nd Ave, Battle Ground, WA. 98604-5228

Bill

The TAG meeting, on Feb 5th, went well. I secured a booth space, at the Pick-up the Burn, and we will be distributing information about NWFA, Ethics & Rules of Target Shooting in the forest and Tips for the Target Shooter. We will be getting lots of public exposure and want to do our best to make a positive impact. (Typically, about 75 - 100 people volunteer and news media coverage).

This is in Washington State Yacolt Burn State Forest at Larch Mt. We are partnering with WA. Dept. of Natural Resources and 10 other recreational groups which include hiking, biking, equestrian and motorized, to show our support and celebrate enduring stewardship by cleaning up the Yacolt Burn State Forest, all in one day.

I'll be posting more about this project, in a new thread as we get closer, and we'll make this a regular clean up event.

Bill

Hi Mark,

The TAG meetings are held from 6 pm to 8 pm, on the first Thursday, every other month. So, last one was April, next one will be first Thursday in June (the 4th). Here's a link to the thread that may describe it better.

https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/need-volunteer-to-attend-wa-dnr-meetings….172456/

If you were asking about the annual clean up event coming in May, it's May 2nd. Here's a link to that event.

https://www.northwestfirearms.com/t...group-clean-up-event-pick-up-the-burn.194549/

Thanks for checking in. Hope that answers your question.

Bill

Yeah, they don't like us shooting there. I haven't been up there since May and it had the ditch and rocks there at that time. Still, people shoot there anyway.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top