JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
WA State Voters:

Have any of you seen the latest voting ballot for this year's general election on NOV 5, 2019? The ramifications of this Joint Resolution are enormous! Resolution # 8200 is going to authorize post-nuclear attack COG (Continuity Of Gov't) for every other catastrophic emergency in the state: Earthquakes, natural disasters, National events, etc.

Everybody needs to vote NO on this one. I don't think I need to tell you what this could entail: Confiscation of larders, travel restrictions, etc. are all on the table. No wonder they literally hid this Senate Resolution in the middle of the ballot!

Was just wondering if any WA State voters had already seen this. I wish I had seen this sooner. We need to get the word out on this one, unless in the aftermath of an event, WA State residents want to live like something out of the last season of CBS's Jericho.

- CPT (O-3E), 35D (All Source Intelligence Officer), USAR, RET.

Last Edited:
Already have my ballot, and marked no even before reading the 'Against' statement.

I remember continuity of operations planning and testing during my working years. I think I was the only one to chuckle out loud, and state that no one should expect to see me during a major natural disaster as I'd be home taking care of more important stuff.

Already have my ballot, and marked no even before reading the 'Against' statement.

I remember continuity of operations planning and testing during my working years. I think I was the only one to chuckle out loud, and state that no one should expect to see me during a major natural disaster as I'd be home taking care of more important stuff.
Right on.

Spread the word! I'd hate to have to operate as an insurgent after an event if gov't decided to "suspend" the U.S. Constitution (Actually, come to think of it, no I wouldn't).

Way ahead of you, Brother!

I vote no for every tax increase, yes for every fee reduction, and no for every constitutional change (mainly based on my proven theory that the majority of politicians are too stupid to be trusted).

Yes, seen it and yes, voted "no" already. I am very critical of proposed constitutional amendments and this one is bad for democracy already, and they want to expand it. This is how the Rome Senate lost their power.

Have not yet got my ballot.
No, NO,
Earmarked - HELL NO

SJR 8200 - 2019-20

Copy and paste:

"Amending the state Constitution to provide governmental continuity during emergency periods resulting from a catastrophic incident. "

My wife and i both read that and thought "H_LL NO!!!!"

We wouldn't put past Inslee and and the rest of the scum to "declare and emergency period" when Washotonian's didn't comply with some BS bill they shoved down our throats.

2 "NO" votes from our house!

:s0155:

To sum it up, we demand they enunciate, before they fornicate.

Weakens Constitutional Protections for Citizens and Grants More Power to Government
This measure changes the constitution of our state to allow the legislature to bypass current constitutional and statutory provisions over the state legislature and how it operates. Current provisions allow this exemption in the event of enemy attack. The changes being made with this proposal would allow this exemption in the case of "catastrophic incident".
Criteria Not Defined
This measure does not adequately define what constitutes a "catastrophic incident" nor does it define how widespread such an incident must be in order to trigger this provision. You would have to trust government to make these decisions with or without your input. We should demand a better proposal with clear definitions.
Legislative Dictates
This would grant Legislative leaders from distant areas of the state free reign to change the location of the Capitol, appoint legislators and local government officials to represent you, and pass bills as they see fit with no legislative process requirements, leaving you with no recourse to stop anything they do nor how they do it.
May Hurt You When You Need Help the Most
Passage of this measure will allow government to decide who will make the laws on your behalf and potentially concentrate power in fewer individuals further from you and your interests; and they will be able to do it at a time when you need the constitutional protections and assistance the most.
Rebuttal of argument for: While it is important to prepare for disasters, the legislature needs to provide more specificity on how it would use this new authority before voters approve this authority. How large an area much be affected and what actions they would take should be better spelled out prior to voters extending any additional authority. Don't wait for disaster to strike to find out their intent – insist they tell you before you change the constitution.[3]

Glad to see this, have not voted yet...but I was thinking this one could be anti 2A...another no here.
Anti "arsenal," anti deep larder (those poor people in Seattle and Tacoma are starving, after all), etc. Every survivalist in this state should not even entertain anything other than a "no" vote for this vague resolution.

I read about it in the state voter's pamphlet before I voted. Right away I could see it was an expansion of powers. Kind of a grant of dictatorial powers in an "emergency." I voted no but was on the wrong side of it, apparently.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top