JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
HB 1703 - 2013-14

Sponsors:Representatives Jinkins, Farrell, Morris, Cody, Kagi, Wylie, Roberts, Pollet, Ryu, Bergquist, Fey, Hunt, Tarleton, Fitzgibbon

1 cent per bullet, between $15 and $25 per gun, misdeameanor for the seller not to collect said tax

State would also track total number of guns and ammunition sold

OK, so taxing ammo and/or firearm purchases above and beyond normal sales tax? Hmm. OK. So where does that tax go? Does it go to a firearm education program which will be free for everyone to partake in? How about local municipal gun ranges?

Or what about going towards providing PTSD therapy for our soldiers coming home?

As a whole, I'm not opposed to a sales tax but I want it very clearly spelled out. I want a state wide vote required to put into place and to change it. And I want to know exactly where every dollar goes to.

As for collecting from person to person sales, no. Sorry. Piss off. :)

This is unconstitutional, you can't tax a right its already been ruled things like poll taxes are unconstitutional. Sadly Kagi is one of my reps, I guess my letters aren't clear enough when I say no more gun legislation

Well I have already written and told them what I think, You cant tax a constitutional right!
When I was in 7th grade the NRA gave a class for 1/4 in place of PE. Everyone had to take it. They tracked the kids that took the class and that age group had no accidents over a 20 year span. Then some parent didn't want there kid taking a class on guns and it was discontinued. Any that is what we were told why the gun safety class was discontinued. As a side note when I was in 6th grade, I would take my 20ga. to school and put it in the teachers closet and after school would get the shot gun and go on the buss home with a friend that lived on a farm that had a small lake on the property, we duck hunted all weekend. How things have changed!:s0140:

OK, so taxing ammo and/or firearm purchases above and beyond normal sales tax? Hmm. OK. So where does that tax go? Does it go to a firearm education program which will be free for everyone to partake in? How about local municipal gun ranges?

Or what about going towards providing PTSD therapy for our soldiers coming home?

As a whole, I'm not opposed to a sales tax but I want it very clearly spelled out. I want a state wide vote required to put into place and to change it. And I want to know exactly where every dollar goes to.

As for collecting from person to person sales, no. Sorry. Piss off. :)

Click the link and look at the bold writing

Promoting firearm safety through an education program funded through fees on firearms and ammunition and creating a sales tax exemption on gun locks.

Actually if you read it, it's not that terrible.

Here is the actual bill: HB 1703

I have issues with paying additional fees and taxes on anything that is already covered by a sales tax...but that happens every time you fill up with gas, and ask someone who buys hard alcohol or a smoker how they feel. Smokers pay something like $3.50 a pack in additional taxes...before sales tax, so they pay more in sales tax.

And I don't really have an issue with tracking the retail sales of firearms. Doing so would provide accurate metrics and statistics for folks like me to use in the fight against the anti-gun people. Being able to illustrate with hard numbers the fact that our state has seen a significant increase in legal ownership while at the same time experienced a significant decrease in firearm crime; that's the type of info that invalidates the emotional/fear driven blather we are seeing right now.

it doesnt seem terrible, they need to make more specific terms of the funds use. looks like they can put it towards just about anything stupid, the only real thing that needs to be done with it is firearms handling classes though.

Why oh why do our own people give in and say "oh this is ok"? The correct answer is NO! Don't give them an inch, this a constitutional right, stop letting it be chipped away. The correct way to win a fight is to take back ground you have lost not to give away ground you already have.

Yes we are our own enemeies

In new your city it's over $10 for a pack of smokes!

It's 1 cent the first year and 2 the next year. Taxes always go up! Never go away

Kalifornia gun owners having been giving an inch at a time, and look at where they are!!!

Agreed! Don't give an inch!!!

THIS

I lived it.

I will never agree to one more restriction on my civil rights. NOT ONE ! Once you give them up, its near impossible to get them back.

Government doesn't give up power once it takes it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads