JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
when i send letters out i send them to all the senator. then when it comes to national matters i send them to everyone in senate and congress.

Beautiful. Thanks for sharing. I will add that to the letters I'm sending Congressional representatives.

Senator X,

First, I would like to thank you for your previous response to my letter. While we traded form letter for form letter, I appreciate the effort made.

Now that Senator Feinstein has placed the "Assault Weapon" bill into the Senate, it's important to point out a few concerns.

First, Senator Feinstein's reference that the weapons targeted have "doubled in lethality since 1993" is either a blatantly misleading statement or incidentally inaccurate. The rifles of today fire the same rounds that were manufactured prior even to 1993; bullet ballistics are dictated by physics and are not prone to doubling their performance because of the accessories a rifle possesses.

Second, "assault rifles" have been banned from general availability in the United States since 1986 (under Reagan.) Assault rifles are fully automatic or select-fire rifles which can only be obtained by those with significant disposable income and are highly regulated by the BATFE. If you contact that organization, you will see that they regulate and document all ownership of restricted firearms.

Third, Senator Feinstein's proposal exempts members of Congress and both current and former members of law enforcement. Why the exemptions? This in effect establishes a class system of entitlement in terms of firearm ownership. This should be unacceptable to any voting citizen. In our own state of Washington where Seattle police are under significant scrutiny for abuse of citizens, giving them the ability to own firearms that others cannot should raise with you a signfiicant red flag.

Fourth, the firearm list targeted is significantly above and beyond the weapons that have been miscategorized as "assault rifles." Many weapons on the list have caused zero civilian casualties in the United States. This highlights a disingenuous agenda driven by a few vs. a true call to resolve violence per the President's original call for help.

Finally, the 2nd Amendment itself and the misrepresentation of what it was establshed for. Repeatedly there are statements issued by Congress and media outlets that hunting and sporting rifles will not be restricted. The 2nd Amendment was not established to give citizens the right to hunt. The 2nd Amendment was established to give citizens the ability to resist tyranny by an established government. In effect, We The People have a contract with Congress to protect our Amendment rights and this bill does in fact attack the vows you and others have sworn to protect.

Please be mindful of this as We The People are watching this intently.

Cordially,

How can I help?
As long as we have the support we should be fighting for a more constitutional stance on firearms in Washington State.
All states for that matter.

"First, Senator Feinstein's reference that the weapons targeted have "doubled in lethality since 1993" is either a blatantly misleading statement or incidentally inaccurate. The rifles of today fire the same rounds that were manufactured prior even to 1993; bullet ballistics are dictated by physics and are not prone to doubling their performance because of the accessories a rifle possesses."

The ak47 was made available in……..1947!

How can I help?
As long as we have the support we should be fighting for a more constitutional stance on firearms in Washington State.
All states for that matter.

Contact your state senator and representative, and attend any and all rallies with as many associates as you can drag along. The info on rallies will be posted here, if I have to organize them myself. At the last rally I was interviewed by Kiro 13 and it went well

I just received a reply from one of my reps :

Representative Condotta is in full support of this bill and IN FACT he is a sponsor of the bill. I would urge you to contact the Chair and Ranking Member of the Judiciary Committee and request that they hold a public hearing on House Bill 1371 . This is the first step in moving this bill forward and we cannot do it without your support! Thanks again for your support.

Sincerely,

Brandt Cappell

Legislative Aide to Cary Condotta

I suggest everyone contact the Chair of the Judiciary Committee Jamie Pedersen [email protected] and Ranking Member Jay Rodne [email protected]

I just finished writing representative Pederson on this. After all, all it is saying is the rights we are guaranteed by the constitution, as interpreted by the supreme court via Heller and McDonald, and the Firearms Protection Act of 1986, will be supported by the state government. This is important because some state governments (*ahem* New York) don't seem to think that the law or even the democratic process applies to them. There is no reason not to pass this bill if the state legislature respects the constitution.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top