JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Can anyone tell me where I can find a copy of this mysterious form? I say it is mysterious because I can' find a copy of it on the state's website and there about a million of other forms listed.

It is Washington State's Application to Transfer Pistol form and is referenced in the Washington Dept. of Licensing Firearms Dealer Training Course (http://www.dol.wa.gov/business/firearms/docs/fdltraining.pdf) and several other places. It is NOT the private firearm transfer form.

It is a mandatory Washington state form required when an FFL transfers a handgun to a WA state resident (with or without a CPL). The requirement to submit the form is documented in several places on the Washington Dept. of Licensing website; but, form itself does not seem to be anyplace online. It seems the form has white, pink and blue copies. The local police get the white, the pink goes to Olympia and the buyer gets the blue one. The white and pink are supposedly retained for local police and WHP use as needed (Whatever that means? :s0112:).

Thank You,
Ed

Oh, I'd love to know that one as well. Another member mentioned it in some discussion about traceability of guns in WA, and I tried to google up that form, but without luck.

Oh, I'd love to know that one as well. Another member mentioned it in some discussion about traceability of guns in WA, and I tried to google up that form, but without luck.

Same traceability as any other state without gun registration..... Once the person that originally bought it from and FFL sells it there is NO way to track it.

It is a mandatory Washington state form required when an FFL transfers a handgun to a WA state resident (with or without a CPL). The requirement to submit the form is documented in several places on the Washington Dept. of Licensing website; but, form itself does not seem to be anyplace online. It seems the form has white, pink and blue copies. The local police get the white, the pink goes to Olympia and the buyer gets the blue one. The white and pink are supposedly retained for local police and WHP use as needed (Whatever that means? ).

How do I get pistol transfer forms?
Once you have your firearms dealers license, fax a copy of your valid state dealer license to 360-570-4945.
* If you're a new dealer, we'll send you a new dealer packet after we get the documents from the law enforcement agency where you applied.

IF you are an FFL, the state will supply, if you are not an FFL, you do not need to worry about it.

Well, that, I think, is a none answer. Just keep your head in the sand, don't worry, be happy . . . Doesn't that altitude fly in the face of our form of government; maintaining an informed citizenry?
Does that also mean there is some sort of WA state government, kinda secret, form that only certain, specially anointed folks can look at?

Well, that, I think, is a none answer. Just keep your head in the sand, don't worry, be happy . . . Doesn't that altitude fly in the face of our form of government; maintaining an informed citizenry?
Does that also mean there is some sort of WA state government, kinda secret, form that only certain, specially anointed folks can look at?

Well if you want to see it go look at the link above or stop by your local gun shop and ask to see one. They are not some secret form......

Well if you want to see it go look at the link above or stop by your local gun shop and ask to see one. They are not some secret form......

Nwcid, Your link takes you to the private transfer form, not the mandatory WA state FFL to buyer form. Do you have another link?

Uhhhh,why would it be on line if it needs to be in duplicate?
I mean if the only people that truly need the form are FFLs and they can get them from the state,why would the state bother to put it on line?
And what could happen if it were on line and some random guy started printing them out and using them like he was a FFL?

Why wouldn't you just go to a gun store and spiff them a few bucks to copy it for you?
Or take some pics of it after asking them to read one?

You even get to go to the gun store! That aint bad!

If you are an FFL, and you do not have the forms, you are not registered as an FFL in this state, and you are in deep doo doo if you have been doing business in this state, You get the forms when you register your business,.,,, OK?

If you are a private Citizen of the state of Washington...you do NOT need the form.

Do you understand that? It's quite simple...you are a registered business with the state as a firearms dealer, you will get the forms from the state.
If you are NOT in the BUSINESS of being an FFL , that is a firearms dealer, you do not need or use that form.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top