JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The link will not open for me, here is what comes up:
We cannot find the page your are seeking on the Washington State Legislature's Web Service's System. The site administrator has been notified.
We apologize for the inconvenience. You may return to our Homepage at Legislature Home

I've already said I'll not get an CRE nor any punch cards & I'll fish the lakes only!!!
They are saying"Give us the money & then we'll give you all more opportunities" BS speech. Well this caveman ain't buying it!!! :mad::mad::mad:

That is the bill and this is the contents (RAPE of rate increase) of said bill.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Good Lawdy that's a long read & now my brain hurts from all the blather!!!!
These bean counters are out of control!!!! Why not just privatize WDFW and get positive results and not have to pay all the unions, state workers pensions & wages with our user fees? Just frustrated, tired & thinking out loud.:s0118::s0118::s0118:

Last Edited:
All Democrat sponsors I see....bassturds.

Here is my comment on the bill.

1647 (Oppose)
MESSAGE: I can't fathom how the sponsors of this bill can justify the rate increases for the product that fisherman and hunters get in return. We have some of the highest license fees in the country and some of the poorest quality opportunities. I no longer hunt in this state because Idaho has more opportunity and better quality game for a marginally higher license fee. When all of the "endorsements" came out, I laughed because I had to buy a freshwater license and basically another freshwater license to fish in ANY body of water that dumps into the Columbia. I'm a bass and walleye fisherman and I'm paying extra to rid the Columbia of fish that eat salmon and steelhead. Just out of spite, I release every one now and hope they hear the dinner bell from the hatcheries. Speaking of bass and walleye, when will the state realize how good the fishing is here and how much money we could make if we took advantage of the sport fishing opportunity here?

Exactly, the fees are not in line with opportunities. There are way less fish nowadays and the way management is going there soon will be NO FISH!!! How's that for future opportunities? This is what has soured my love of steelhead & salmon fishing and changed my fishing priorities, lake fishing. I'm seriously contemplating selling my boat & tackle and using the proceeds and go up to Alaska twice a year to fill my freezer.
I've got a new hobby, reloading!!!

The link will not open for me, here is what comes up:
We cannot find the page your are seeking on the Washington State Legislature's Web Service's System. The site administrator has been notified.
We apologize for the inconvenience. You may return to our Homepage at Legislature Home

I've already said I'll not get an CRE nor any punch cards & I'll fish the lakes only!!!
They are saying"Give us the money & then we'll give you all more opportunities" BS speech. Well this caveman ain't buying it!!! :mad::mad::mad:

A buddy of mine was smart. He built the last artificial trout pond on Orcas Island so he could fish when he wanted to with his grandsons. Tweren't cheap though, it's like 4 acres plus.

Brutus Out

I got a response back saying they would review my comments and forward them to my representative if it looked like there would be a vote. My question is, why am I only represented once those deadbeats in Olympia HAVE to look at it. Shouldn't they at least look at how we feel if we take the time to send it to them? Dirtbags.

Exactly, the fees are not in line with opportunities. There are way less fish nowadays and the way management is going there soon will be NO FISH!!! How's that for future opportunities? This is what has soured my love of steelhead & salmon fishing and changed my fishing priorities, lake fishing. I'm seriously contemplating selling my boat & tackle and using the proceeds and go up to Alaska twice a year to fill my freezer.
I've got a new hobby, reloading!!!

I sold my 21 footer because I had little to no opportunity to fish for salmon on the coast. I wasn't gonna throw money at a lawn ornament.

I sold my 21 footer because I had little to no opportunity to fish for salmon on the coast. I wasn't gonna throw money at a lawn ornament.

I remember when you sold it, I had just bought my 18' sled.... I liked your setup.
I have taken a new direction and basically said to HEII with Salmon & Steelhead and have since got the Kokanee bug.... I want to do some catfish & warm water species this year if I decide to keep my boat.

"I got a response back saying they would review my comments and forward them to my representative if it looked like there would be a vote. My question is, why am I only represented once those deadbeats in Olympia HAVE to look at it. Shouldn't they at least look at how we feel if we take the time to send it to them? Dirtbags."

Taxation without representation!!!! All you need to know is you better not forget to pay your taxes, that's all they care about.:mad::mad::mad:

I remember when you sold it, I had just bought my 18' sled.... I liked your setup.
I have taken a new direction and basically said to HEII with Salmon & Steelhead and have since got the Kokanee bug.... I want to do some catfish & warm water species this year if I decide to keep my boat.

"I got a response back saying they would review my comments and forward them to my representative if it looked like there would be a vote. My question is, why am I only represented once those deadbeats in Olympia HAVE to look at it. Shouldn't they at least look at how we feel if we take the time to send it to them? Dirtbags."

Taxation without representation!!!! All you need to know is you better not forget to pay your taxes, that's all they care about.:mad::mad::mad:

Let me know if you want to do some bass fishing. I got all the gear and stuff and know a few good places.

Hi all,

After reading posts on here about this bill, figured I should share this info here for those who want to reach out to the right people about this. Unfortunately this bill exists as a request by the WDFW, so we need to talk to the people pushing this through in the legislature. Here they are, names, faces and besides being able to contact them via their respective home pages on House of Representatives they also have pages on Facebook if you search for them. Hearing is set for tomorrow in Olympia, it's time to make sure this doesn't go further than a scare and contact these jokesters and your local reps directly. Good luck!

HB 1647 - 2017-18 (open link, scroll down to "available documents" and click on "original bill" to download and read)
Washington State Legislature

Commenting here by entering your home address allows you to send your message directly to your local representatives.
Washington State Legislature - Public Bill Comments

PicsArt_02-08-03.35.27.jpg

I just watched the whole hearing live. The current director bubblegummed the entire seal/sea lion massacre of our fish saying basically they needed more funds to study it further even though he did not dispute the fact they are killing up to 45 percent of some runs. One guy brought up the tribal nets and was basically told he was out of line. But for the most part sport fisherfolks are fed up with footing the bill for all of the hunting and fishing and beauracratic bull splat that goes with it.:mad:

I was there in person to witness what I thought was a fiasco and I was not disappointed.
What I thought was really inconceivable was that Committee chairman Brian Blake gave Jim Unsworth (Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife director) unlimited time to spiel his reasoning for price increases & then set everyone to 3 minutes!!!!
There were more citizens against than those for this bill (of course they were WDFW people).
I registered before the meeting started and opted not to testify due to having a bad day already and I didn't want it to get worse by being dragged out of that committee room by Capital security, which I knew I would have been....
I got the feeling that those committee who showed up on time (less than half) had already made up their minds and didn't need no stinking testimony from no one......:mad::mad::mad:
Thank you to all that showed up and especially those who testified well done gentlemen and women.

Although there was a good showing of citizens against there should have been people standing out into the hallway to. I know people have to work but they will take a day off to go to the Sportsman Show but won't take an afternoon off to go stand up for their rights (not just fishing) okay rant over, sorry, well maybe not.:rolleyes:

Last Edited:
Kudos jim for going!!! I'm s.e. wa. So attending wasn't an option. Ice over here. I did follow one of the posters link and sent an e-mail to my sen. Walsh and reps neely and jenkins with request for response. I was not aware of hb1647 until we got cancelled at work today and spent a lot of time on nwfa today. How is joe public supposed to keep up with all these damned bills coming up that no one knows about until they are law? Jim, who was the guy that blake admonished for saying that the boldt decision needs to be revisited? That guy is welcome in my camp anytime.
Every member of this forum needs to have quick access to that link that sends an e-mail to their reps and sens. Quickly and easily.

Kudos jim for going!!! I'm s.e. wa. So attending wasn't an option. Ice over here. I did follow one of the posters link and sent an e-mail to my sen. Walsh and reps neely and jenkins with request for response. I was not aware of hb1647 until we got cancelled at work today and spent a lot of time on nwfa today. How is joe public supposed to keep up with all these damned bills coming up that no one knows about until they are law? Jim, who was the guy that blake admonished for saying that the boldt decision needs to be revisited? That guy is welcome in my camp anytime.
Every member of this forum needs to have quick access to that link that sends an e-mail to their reps and sens. Quickly and easily.

Thanks, just there to show solidarity for our cause.
I don't know the guys name but he is usually accompanied by his wife. I've seen him at a few WDFW dog & pony shows over the years.
That right there is why I didn't speak because what I have to say will spoil it for the rest of us.

I really liked the last part of his testiculamony (sp):eek:, when he told the panel that they didn't have a clue as to what is happening outdoors. Blake is a suit trying to regulate what happens outdoors politically. That last coment from him about not being able to afford all the licenses in our state, but wanted to buy a reduced license so he could go clamming was what this meeting was all about. And he didn't even see it.

I just watched the whole hearing live. The current director bubblegummed the entire seal/sea lion massacre of our fish saying basically they needed more funds to study it further even though he did not dispute the fact they are killing up to 45 percent of some runs. One guy brought up the tribal nets and was basically told he was out of line. But for the most part sport fisherfolks are fed up with footing the bill for all of the hunting and fishing and beauracratic bull splat that goes with it.:mad:

Seriously! I could not believe that after Rep. Walsh asked if the marine mammals are really such a big problem, the WDFW pretty much admitted that their "science staff has been studying this issue for the last 3 years with funding from legislature and other organizations", YET (!) they have not established or implemented a way to manage the issue. HAAAAAAA! Then yeah as you said, they need more "money for establishing and implementing management". Can you say mismanagement of funds? The committee is not so stupid, by the questions they asked you can tell they see the WDFW just has a spending problem! Now they want more $$$ to perpetuate their mismanagement. Please!
:s0109:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top