Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

WA Short barrel rifles?

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by MuddyWatters, Jan 28, 2010.

1. MuddyWatters

MuddyWatters West Seattle Member

What's the deal with SBRs in Washington State? Available with tax stamp purchase? Are they available for sale in state? Clueless on this.

Thanks,
    muddy

2. buyamonkey

buyamonkey West vancouver WA Member

From everything I've read, you just can't have them in Washington, tax stamp or not. I've seen some pretty good looking AR pistols, not quite the same, but short of moving somewhere else, its about your only choice for a mini AR.

3. MuddyWatters

Thanks, I was afraid that was the case. Just have to drool over the photos of the Oregon SBRs!

4. Huntbear

Huntbear Ellensburg, Wa. Member

I believe the way the law reads, you can own them but not possess them in the state.. LOL, whatever good that does.

5. MuddyWatters

:nuts: Silly frickin' law.

6. wired

wired Yakima Well-Known Member

You MIGHT be able to get by with NFA' ing a rifle into a "weapon made from a rifle" ie a pistol. $200 stamp and all. Then you'd have a pistol. You couldnt put a stock on it in state but you could conceivably 5320 it to travel to another state and throw the buttstock on it while your'e there. When you come home it becomes a pistol again.