JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Accidental shooting triggers revival of ‘safe storage’ debate

A shooting mishap Monday in Kitsap County that left a 23-year-old mom wounded by shotgun pellets after her 4-year-old son managed to load a live round into a semi-auto shotgun lying on her bed is bound to set off a renewed push for “safe storage” legislation in Olympia when the Legislature convenes in January.

<broken link removed>

Or try this:

<broken link removed>

Trophy legislation is an apt term. Those promoting such laws know darn well they will have no effect on negligent firearms mishaps, but it does serve to slowly get people used to their rights being chipped away at until they are completely gone.

Well when I read this I thought I was going to read about unsafe firearm storage. 3/4 down in the article it clearly notes the shotgun was placed "under a blanket." This was a FREAK accident, nothing more. :winkkiss:

Why aren't there laws compelling "safe storage" of alcohol in the home? Or chemical cleaners? Or small choking hazard items? Or lighters and matches? Or plastic thingies over electrical outlets?

Gun accident numbers are far fewer than ANY of the above mentioned.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top