Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

WA shooting mishap revives safe storage debate

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Dave Workman, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Accidental shooting triggers revival of ‘safe storage’ debate

A shooting mishap Monday in Kitsap County that left a 23-year-old mom wounded by shotgun pellets after her 4-year-old son managed to load a live round into a semi-auto shotgun lying on her bed is bound to set off a renewed push for “safe storage” legislation in Olympia when the Legislature convenes in January.

Accidental shooting triggers revival of ?safe storage? debate - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

Or try this:

Accidental shooting triggers revival of ?safe storage? debate - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

2. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Trophy legislation is an apt term. Those promoting such laws know darn well they will have no effect on negligent firearms mishaps, but it does serve to slowly get people used to their rights being chipped away at until they are completely gone.

3. keystir

keystir Hillsboro, OR Active Member

Well when I read this I thought I was going to read about unsafe firearm storage. 3/4 down in the article it clearly notes the shotgun was placed "under a blanket." This was a FREAK accident, nothing more. :winkkiss:

4. JumpWing

JumpWing NK WA Member

Why aren't there laws compelling "safe storage" of alcohol in the home? Or chemical cleaners? Or small choking hazard items? Or lighters and matches? Or plastic thingies over electrical outlets?

Gun accident numbers are far fewer than ANY of the above mentioned.