JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The WA state House bill on magazine limits is now moving forward as SB 5078. Originally filed a year ago with a 10 round max limit, as it stands today it is defined as more than 17 rounds. If passed, it becomes effective within 90 days. If you own a mag with more than 17 rounds after the effective date, you are grandfathered in and can keep it, however you can only use it at home, place of business, or a range. It must be unloaded and locked up during transport.

Between the recent changes in the legislature, and the (not my word) "reasonable" 17 round limit, this is more likely to pass than the last five consecutive years. Don't get defeated, make your voices heard by your local representative. Speak out!

On it
I am fortunate that Lynda Wilson is my state senator and very pro-gun, We are unfortunate that we don't have 20 or 30 more just like her

Unfortunately, the bleeding heart liberals run the show where I'm at, in the 33rd legislative district. I'm sure they went full fart to help get this malarkey off the launch pad.
Let them know you oppose that crap anyway. If enough people speak up it might give them pause. It's always worth the try.

Arbitrary numbers. Are they going off of G17 magazines or something? Are there any clauses in the bill that have wording saying that they wont attempt to further restrict capacity? Because 17 is seven over their favorite number (10).. so it'll be a matter of time.

Because why stop at 17?
3-5 years it'll be 10 then 5 then 1 then none…JFC, they dont even make 17rnd (standard availability) rifle magazines.. and if there is a grandfather clause this is virtually unenforceable as people will sell kits or just print/weld their own bodies and buy the guts online.. what idiotic nonsense these loons come up with.
I swear Oregon and Washington politicians all ate lead paint chips as kids.

Arbitrary numbers. Are they going off of G17 magazines or something? Are there any clauses in the bill that have wording saying that they wont attempt to further restrict capacity? Because 17 is seven over their favorite number (10).. so it'll be a matter of time.

Because why stop at 17?
3-5 years it'll be 10 then 5 then 1 then none…JFC, they dont even make 17rnd (standard availability) rifle magazines.. and if there is a grandfather clause this is virtually unenforceable as people will sell kits or just print/weld their own bodies and buy the guts online.. what idiotic nonsense these loons come up with.
I swear Oregon and Washington politicians all ate lead paint chips as kids.
More like they're all crack babies grown up.

What if you carry a 57 with a standard 20 round magazine?

Is this bill going to allow you to carry a downloaded magazine with only 17 rounds plus one chambered?

Are bully cops going to unload and count your rounds at every traffic stop like they do in New York state?

What if you carry a 57 with a standard 20 round magazine?

Is this bill going to allow you to carry a downloaded magazine with only 17 rounds plus one chambered?

Are bully cops going to unload and count your rounds at every traffic stop like they do in New York state?
The 20 round mags will be grandfathered in but one cannot use them for concealed carry. The language does allow the use / carry of mags over 17 rds if they have been "permanently altered" to 17.

I live in OR. At least this isn't defacto ban on all factory semiautomatic pistols. It's smart of them to go up to 17 as the relative normality of that capacity was discussed by the 9th Circuit panel in the Duncan case. They're hoping that if it passes the increased capacity will help it withstand a constitutional challenge.

Since they seem to be intent on banning rifles, it doesn't impact them...

Last Edited:
I live in OR. At least this a defacto ban on all factory semiautomatic pistols. It's smart of them to go up to 17 as the relative normality of that capacity was discussed by the 9th Circuit panel in the Duncan case. They're hoping that if it passes the increased capacity will help it withstand a constitutional challenge.

Since they seem to be intent on banning rifles, it doesn't impact them...
Oregon IP17 will only let you leave the house with 10 round magazines.

FWIW
This is a first step, the camel's nose under the tent. California started with a ban with grandfathering and they changed the game with a new law out and out banning magazines holding more than 10 rounds. Any mad holding 11+ rounds had to be out of the state.

More detail below if you want

In the PRK they grandfathered magazines over 10 rounds when SB-23 went into effect 1/1/2001. As of that date. it became illegal to transfer, sell, import or manufacture (IIRC) new 11+ mags in California.
The law was completely unenforceable. People snuck mags in from Nevada, Oregon and anywhere else that didn't have such stupid laws. As long as the magazine existed before the ban, there was no way to tell it from a very well cared for or BNIB grandfathered mag. The "smuggling" got big enough that the California DOJ supposedly had people at the Big Reno Gun Show monitoring who might be buying "Hicap" magazines and when they spotted a big spenders, they would follow them out to the lot and if their cars had California plates, they'd bust them at the border. They had a similar sting going at the Pahrump Fireworks stores Just have someone in a car watching the parking lot and calling out the CA plates. Neither were particularly effective. Anyway in 2016, they passed another law outright banning any and all hicap magazines
Turn 'em in or sell them out of the state but by (I think) 1/1/20 you couldn't have a magazine that held more than 10 rounds. Period.
People found other creative ways around the ban as well. Then, when Judge Benitez declared the mag ban unconstitutional and lifted the ban for a week in 2019, he legitimized every magazine brought into the state after the ban. The 9th overruled Benitez' decision a month or so back but stayed the ban for 150 days during which it will hopefully get tossed by the supreme court.

Washington State Citizens elected these officials and have to live with their policies. People in Seattle are smart like those in Portland; creating a wonderful community to live in absent crime and corruption.

Because......
The 1st Amendment according to the Liberals.....

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances, unless someone claims to be offended by your practice thereof."

+++++++++++

The 2nd Amendment according to the Liberals..…

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, unless I say it's reasonable and makes common sense to me."

+++++++++++

Now you know.

Aloha, Mark

I am good !
35105286_5.jpg

LOL SO the wife has an Astra A-90 in 9mm the 9mm mags hold "17" rounds if I use a .40 mag it holds 18 rounds of 9mm guess that would be interesting to argue.

Washington State Citizens elected these officials and have to live with their policies. People in Seattle are smart like those in Portland; creating a wonderful community to live in absent crime and corruption.
Absent crime and corruption? How can anyplace that was overrun by Marxist rioters, with no appropriate police response, claim to be a wonderful community to live in? Or am I missing your sarcasm? When those liberal protesters sought to protest in CDA, there was no need for a police response because the militia was out in force. :D
In any event, looks like those is Washington need to get their full size PDPs and Canik Metes while they can. The full size PDPs come with 18rnd mags and the Caniks come with one 18 and one 20 rnd mags.
Is there anything in the proposed bill that would limit me from carrying either my PDP or Canik in WA?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top