Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

WA SBR - Trust or Individual?

Discussion in 'NFA Weapon Discussion' started by Dornai, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Dornai

Dornai Vancouver, WA Active Member

Looking through the forums I see only posts about trusts in acquiring NFA items in WA State.

Is it not possible to file a Form 1 as an individual for a SBR in WA State? Or is it merely unlikely to attain the CLEO sign off required without a trust in WA State?

2. SCARed

SCARed Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

You can go the individual route. I think most CLEOs will sign with the exception of King county.

Trust have just been very popular lately because of the flexibility in adding people/family to them and not having to spend the time and hassle if getting CLeO sign off/ prints, etc.

Also, you can not efile form 1 as an individual. Current wait times are 4+ mos paper filed vs 45-60 days for an efile.

Dornai and IronMonster like this.
  3. Dornai

Dornai Vancouver, WA Active Member

So in the end it's merely easier, faster, and more versatile to go the trust route. Thanks for the clarification, SCARed!

4. Martini_Up

Martini_Up NW USA Well-Known Member

With the Wa.St. laws the way they are, TRUST - all day long. In fact, I would put ALL my firearms on one, not just NFA.

5. usagi

usagi Redmond Well-Known Member

trust. no question about it.