Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

WA SBR "build" clarification

Discussion in 'NFA Weapon Discussion' started by bakersman345, Feb 24, 2015.

1. bakersman345

bakersman345 Camas wa Well-Known Member

After searching around the net I've come up with two answers
    1. Form 1 is being processed and you can build your own sbr

2. You must buy from out of state and no you cannot make one.

So I'm trying to figure out if I can build one or not. Does anyone have personal experience?

2. SCARed

SCARed Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Build away.

The ATF will approve it. They have publicly said as far as they are concerned, if it's legal to own a SBR, its legal to build a SBR.

There has not been anyone in WA state that I'm aware of, that has been investigated, arrested, or prosecuted because they legally built a SBR in WA.
    There are NUMEROUS legal SBRs that have been built in WA state.

3. Hawaiian

Hawaiian Tigard Oregon Well-Known Member

You can not build it while your form is being processed. You need to have the tax stamp in hand before you can shorten the barrel or possess a purchased short barrel that will fit on a rifle you own.

4. bakersman345

bakersman345 Camas wa Well-Known Member

K thanks info is always helpful

5. Strykervet

Strykervet Pierce Co. Member

Don't forget to engrave those Form 1 items! Min. 1/8" high caps, .0035" deep and must say "name or trust" and "city, State" (or abbrev. for state). I mention where I plan on putting this in the box where you can list other markings.

I thought the whole SBR/Form 1 thing had been hashed out long ago. I don't seem to be having problems with them and neither does anyone I know.

Is there an AG opinion? May need one.