JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The scary part is that they will throw bills like this out to draw attention from other ones that are not as radical, but will still destroy our rights. Make sure you all call and write and email your state representatives and senators and voice your thoughts!!!

While I agree that constant vigilance is in order, I want to also point out that this crap comes up all of the time and is handily defeated.

Also, in regard to someone saying they hate living in WA state, I want to repeat something I just wrote in another thread:

Washington & Oregon will not be far behind CA, but they too will fall

That's an interesting statement. WA is a "shall issue" state, allows open carry of loaded firearms, and has seen some victories in the direction of becoming more gun friendly recently.

I am referring to HB 1016 in 2011 regarding the use of suppressors, and the <broken link removed> regarding a city ban in parks, and whether state pre-emption overrode the city's attempted ban.

I also would like to note that it is possible in WA to restore one's gun rights once they have been lost, if certain requirements are met. It's not one of those "possible but never happens" things either - I've been involved with a case where it happened.

Just to name a few things.

I'm not just being home-proud. I do like my state, and I recognize that we're not the best with gun laws, but I don't think we're following in CA's footsteps.

Just because a bill has been proposed does not mean that it will become law or that it is even close to having a chance of passing.

My hopes and dreams that we'll have legal SBR's and SBS's are currently on hold, but I don't think for a minute that we will actually see this nonsense make it into signed law.

My letter to my reps in addition to opposing in public comment:

Gentlemen,

In the past you have taken the time to respond to me on issues pertaining to firearms, and for that I'm appreciative. I wish to draw your attention to the legislation that Senator Klein has proposed and request that you vote against this piece of legislation.

SB 5737 (link here) defines "assault weapon" as any semi-automatic firearm, pump action rifle or shotgun, etc., etc. (page 5) and reaches far beyond the already unreasonable definition put forth in the U.S. Senate by Senator Feinstein. Many of these weapons are used for casual/sporting use as well as personal defense. Further, page 7, section 5 (a) infringes on Right to Privacy by giving law enforcement the ability without reasonable cause to inspect a home for "safe and secure" storage, even though said storage is not clearly defined nor - while seemingly common sense - able to be legally required at this time.

I'd like to write more, but the posturing on this is just beyond irritating. I fail to see how some of these agenda-driven and sensational efforts can have any effect other than driving a wedge between the populace and the representatives.

Please do what's right. Please make sure this does not receive a hearing. If it does, please remember that this goes beyond the pale and is an attack on your state citizens.

Regards,

We must first focus on the defeat of this bill (a.k.a. mockery of legislation).
After the bill is defeated, the next step is to focus on getting these folks out of office. I am not as up to date as some others here on the history of these Senators, but apparently this is not their first try. Come time for their reelection, we need to take to the streets, fund competitor campaigns, raise money for advertising and possibly even run our own candidate. Anything that can be *Legally* done to ensure that these fine folks do not have another opportunity to continue their intrusion on our rights must be done.

Ok, so the likelihood of this passing is small, but that shouldn't lessen the outrage. The fact that it gets floated is enough of an offense that the politicians who offer and vote for it should be recalled.
It is also evidence of where we are headed. It might not pass today but what about next year, or 5 years down the road.
The constitution is no longer enough to protect us I am afraid.

That one is actually laughable .

When hell freezes over.

Oh, yeah?
One more nasty incident and it could get awfully chilly down on Oly, amigo. Don't think for a heartbeat that this isn't serious stuff.

Gun ban bills in three states, including Wash., could make citizens criminals

Democrat lawmakers in three states, including Washington, have introduced legislation that would ban possession of so-called “assault weapons” with criminal penalties under certain circumstances, and also provide for their surrender to law enforcement.

<broken link removed>

Oh, yeah?
One more nasty incident and it could get awfully chilly down on Oly, amigo. Don't think for a heartbeat that this isn't serious stuff.

Agreed!

This whole gun ban thing is a two pronged strategy from the Democrats. First it takes time energy and resource from their opposition but more importantly it distracts us from focusing on their complete and total failure on the economic front.

I suspect they will use their anti-gun legislation as a bargaining tool to get higher taxes and government regulation (their true goal).

It's pretty obvious they don't really care about public safety since they aren't proposing anything that is new or proven to reduce violence.

ughh they care about public safety they just have a different opinion of what will work. stop being so paranoid, you dont need to paint everyone who disagrees with you as some moron that hates freedom.

ughh they care about public safety they just have a different opinion of what will work. stop being so paranoid, you dont need to paint everyone who disagrees with you as some moron that hates freedom.

How in any way will the laws they are proposing help public safety? All the states and cities with these types of laws have the highest gun crime rates.

I'm not calling anyone a moron however I do question anyone's intelligence that chooses to pursue something that has no proven effect on what their claimed goal is. Makes me think they either don't care, don't choose to care, or have an alternative agenda.

Why can't the overwhelming majority of gun supporters in Washington turn the tables on these people? Didn't they swear an oath to protect and defend the constitution? Why can't they be held legally liable for breaking that oath? Certainly there has to be some way for a citizen to call these people out and punish them for their lies and deceit?

Would anyone care to answer this? You see these politicians quite blatantly violating their oath to the constitution and nothing happens.

Several members have posted comments on how the legislation is never going to pass. This complacent attitude is what defeats us before the war ever started. 'It failed before and it will fail again, so why should I do anything about it?' Well, there are others reading your posts and reaffirming their complacency. It's like a cancer which spreads affecting others.

I say, if you thought about writing; do it. It takes very little effort and helps in the fight.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top