JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just playing devil's advocate here, but if he fired at them before there was a threat of bodily harm to himself, couldn't running him over be considered self-defense?? Right or wrong, I don't believe Washington allows the use of deadly force to defend property.

Who know's, Maybe dude was admiring his car and the guy came unhinged and had the whole my dad is a cop attitude and it led to him getting run down ?

Don't know ,wasn't there but it if the guy ran him over in self defense he will more than likely turn himself in.

Just playing devil's advocate here, but if he fired at them before there was a threat of bodily harm to himself, couldn't running him over be considered self-defense?? Right or wrong, I don't believe Washington allows the use of deadly force to defend property.

This is correct, you cannot use deadly force to protect property (unless you're inside your house and someone's breaking in), so strictly speaking, the cop's son was in the wrong here.

This is correct, you cannot use deadly force to protect property (unless you're inside your house and someone's breaking in), so strictly speaking, the cop's son was in the wrong here.
As my dad would say
Dead wrong ;)
A car ain't worth the money it would cost to shoot someone. That's why we pay for insurance.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top