JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey all,

I went to a youth rimfire match for highschoolers at my local range today, and I was very disappointed. Instead of using out own rifles + ammo, we all had to use the same rifle. The match was at 200 yards on a dueling tree w/ 4" squares, using a STOCK Ruger 10/22 with Blazer ammo (scope was the BSA S22). It was so inconsistent, they decided to use MY CZ452 with the same ammo (in my previous tests, Blazer shot as worse as Remington bulk :s0131:). Some of us got hits, but in the end I was the only one that could keep it together.

Are there any decent rimfire matches in Western WA? Appleseed is cool, but its not quite what I'm looking for.

Thanks,
- TNG

Renton Fish & Game range has a Fun Steel match each month that allows rimfire rifles and pistols. The rules and stages are based on Steel Challenge but not officially a Steel Challenge match. You can shoot up to two guns, the cost is $10 per gun. The next match is June 10th.

.22 pistols and rifles are allowed and Centerfire pistols are allowed. Pistols can start from the holster or from Low Ready position. You would need at least 2 mags but the more the better. If you only have 2 then someone can reload one while you are shooting. You will shoot each stage 5 times in a row for each gun you bring. You are allowed to shoot 2 guns. The match fee is $10 for each gun.

.22 pistols and rifles are allowed and Centerfire pistols are allowed. Pistols can start from the holster or from Low Ready position. You would need at least 2 mags but the more the better. If you only have 2 then someone can reload one while you are shooting. You will shoot each stage 5 times in a row for each gun you bring. You are allowed to shoot 2 guns. The match fee is $10 for each gun.

Great. I don't have my rifle yet so meanwhile I will come down to watch one of the matches. Are spectators allowed during the course of the match ?

Thanks.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads