JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is for Oregons btw,

What don't I need a Real ID card for?

A Real ID card is optional and is not required for any of the following:

• Driving.
  • Voting or registering to vote.
  • Proving age to enter an age-restricted venue or to purchase alcoholic beverages, tobacco, firearms, or other age-restricted activities.
  • Applying for or receiving federal or state benefits.
  • Entering a federal facility for accessing health or life preserving services (including hospitals and health clinics).
  • Participating in law enforcement proceedings or investigations.
  • Participating in constitutionally protected activities (including a defendant's or spectator's access to court proceedings, and access by jurors or potential jurors).
Am I required to get a Real ID card?

No, it will be your choice to apply for a Real ID driver license or ID card or a standard driver license or ID card. If you have a valid U.S. passport (or passport card), or other federally-approved identification, you may use it to pass security checkpoints at airports nationwide and to visit secure federal facilities.

How do I decide whether to get a Real ID card?

• Do you fly domestically on commercial aircraft?
  • Do you need to access a federal facility that requires identification?
If the answer is "yes" to either question, you may want to consider getting a Real ID card when Oregon begins issuing in mid-2020. However, if you have another form of federal ID, such as a valid U.S. passport, you can use that instead of a Real ID card to fly commercially and enter secure federal facilities.

What is the Real ID Act?

The Real ID Act was passed by Congress in 2005, based on recommendations from the 9/11 Commission that the federal government "set standards for the issuance of sources of identification, such as driver's licenses." It establishes standards that state-issued driver licenses and identification cards must meet in order to be accepted for certain federal purposes.

When will Oregon begin issuing Real ID cards?

Oregon will begin issuing Real ID cards in mid-2020. Real ID cards will be optional, and Oregonians who do not wish to get one can keep their standard driver license or ID card.

What are the differences between Oregon's current driver license and a Real ID license?

The difference is access. Starting Oct. 1, 2020, the federal government will require Real ID compliant identification to board a domestic commercial flight or enter a secure federal building or military base, so you will not be able to use a standard Oregon Driver License or ID Card for these purposes. However, you may use a passport or other acceptable form of federal identification. See the TSA website for other forms of identification that will be accepted.

Both license types will allow you to legally drive and prove identity and age for things such as entering an age-restricted venue, buying alcohol or tobacco products, renting a vehicle, or writing a check.

Oregon has been granted an extension to Real ID enforcement. What does that mean?

The federal government grants extensions to states that are working towards issuing Real ID driver licenses and identification cards. The extension means that you can continue to use your Oregon Driver License or ID Card to board commercial aircraft or enter secure federal facilities. Oregon DMV expects to receive additional extensions until we can start to issue Real ID cards in mid-2020.

Where can I learn more about Real ID?

Visit the Department of Homeland Security's website.

What documentation will be required when I decide to get a Real ID card?

When Oregon DMV begins to issue Real ID cards, you will need to bring in documents to verify:

• Your identity and legal presence, such as a U.S. government-issued birth certificate or valid U.S. passport.
  • Your Social Security number, such as your Social Security card.
  • Your address, such as a utility bill and a vehicle registration card.
Additional information about required documentation will be available in the future. Your documents will be verified and scanned and the copies stored securely for 10 years. Original documents will be returned to you.

Information regarding ordering identity and legal presence documentation can be found here:

When will Real ID cards be available?

Oregon DMV will begin issuing Real ID cards in mid-2020. If you do not plan to fly domestically or access secure federal facilities, or if you already have a valid U.S. passport (or passport card), you may want to wait until it is time to renew your current Oregon Driver License or ID card to avoid the initial rush.

Thanks for the link @WAYNO

Okay. This is obviously another money maker for them, and more control. They tell us we don't have to comply, but that is ludicrous. We may think we have no plans to fly anywhere, so we don't need the enhanced ID. I didn't fly for a lot of years after TSA took over, but I now find myself flying occassionally. It'd be awful to get a phone call saying a close relative was in the hospital in Florida, and not expected to survive more than a few days. But then you can't get on a plane because you don't have the correct ID. So anybody thinking they wont step up for the enhanced ID is taking a chance.

Last Edited:
Get a Trusted Traveler Pass. $50/5 years if you search the best deal out. You can qualify for automatic TSA Pre-Check.

We don't need no stinkin' licenses!

Screen Shot 2018-06-19 at 4.59.57 PM.png

The "real" issue here has nothing to do with money. The purpose of "real id act" is to give .gov a template for facial recognition of all u.s. citizens.

Face it folks, the fourth is long gone!

nah, pile it on, it's confident ignorant people that have lead us to our current state of not knowing facts.

I "try" to be nice to the people who just have not bothered to watch what's happening IF, it looks like they really don't know. Some know the truth and don't want to be confused with facts. Now those I do not waste time with. Many though it's just that they get their "info" from the big media and have no idea how much they are being lied to. Hopefully more of them will wake up and see how they have been played for a fool and get angry.

Okay. This is obviously another money maker for them, and more control. They tell us we don't have to comply, but that is ludicrous. We may think we have no plans to fly anywhere, so we don't need the enhanced ID. I didn't fly for a lot of years, then that all changed. It'd be awful to get a phone call saying a close relative was in the hospital in Florida, and not expected to survive more than a few days. But then you can't get on a plane because you don't have the correct ID. So anybody thinking they wont step up for the enhanced ID is taking a chance.
A passport or bringing your SS card works if you don't have it.

So far this has been the case at least a couple times now. If they ever actually enforce the thing it will be hilarious to see the melt down at SeaTac.

Exactly . Its happened a few times already and will happen a few more. The propaganda machine will have you believe otherwise but its still a bunch of BS.

Okay. This is obviously another money maker for them, and more control. They tell us we don't have to comply, but that is ludicrous. We may think we have no plans to fly anywhere, so we don't need the enhanced ID. I didn't fly for a lot of years, then that all changed. It'd be awful to get a phone call saying a close relative was in the hospital in Florida, and not expected to survive more than a few days. But then you can't get on a plane because you don't have the correct ID. So anybody thinking they wont step up for the enhanced ID is taking a chance.

This is why if they ever do this it will cause a meltdown. Vast numbers of people do not have a passport and do not pay attention. The day they start enforcing this planes will be almost empty. Airlines will be mad. Throngs of people who are turned away are going to look to Olympia with rage when they find out it was lawmakers who refused to comply and allowed this. The only thing that scares a politician is a bunch of people who are going to vote them out.

The "real" issue here has nothing to do with money. The purpose of "real id act" is to give .gov a template for facial recognition of all u.s. citizens.

Face it folks, the fourth is long gone!
The 4th Amendment does not apply to public acts, such as travel. It relates to searches (of locations) and seizures (of persons and property), rather than recognizing a face from a public appearance. I guess one could copyright their face and exclude the capturing or monitoring of their image. Government monitoring and spying are an entirely different issue.

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

I don't get it, they preach to make everything easily accessible for illegals but they won't be able to get an enhanced license?
I call BS
The libs will cry that it's not fair to illegals and it will all be a waste

I don't get it, they preach to make everything easily accessible for illegals but they won't be able to get an enhanced license?
I call BS
The libs will cry that it's not fair to illegals and it will all be a waste
Like requiring ID to vote - that's "unfair" say the libs who will take any and all illegal votes they can get.

You've been watching to much mainstream media. So many things are up during the Trump presidency that if he was a D, the media would be discussing that he is the most successful president in a long time.
Nah, just reading his "insightful" tweets is enough to give me that opinion. And I used to think that W was the worst president ever.

Nah, just reading his "insightful" tweets is enough to give me that opinion. And I used to think that W was the worst president ever.

To some degree, it was actually the constant use of twitter that lead to Trump being President, the liberal media couldn't ignore it and reported on it constantly which provided Trump endless hours of free advertising. The liberal left was NEVER going to vote for Trump anyway, but some middle ground voters were likely swayed by the obvious bias in media reporting watching Trump get 99% of the bad publicity and Hillary and Bernie being constantly praised by the media despite their obvious shortcomings.

One thing to remember about Trump, he isn't a career politician, he doesn't act like a career politician and until he signed on with the Republican party he wasn't loathed whatsoever. His popularity largely stemmed from not being a career politician and being pretty straight forward in nature. If you choose to get bent out of shape over twitter use, but ignore the significant positive results that have been accomplished as a result of him becoming president, it makes a person ponder how much you value your rights (while engaging on a forum that stresses the value of individual liberties) The alternative to Trump becoming president was a far darker direction for America.

The alternative to Trump becoming president was a far darker direction for America.

I'm not buying that. There were many good strong actual Republicans in those primaries before Trump suddenly decided he was going to become a Republican and most of them would have handily defeated Clinton. As a candidate she was weak from day one. Trump supporters give her too way much credit. The open primary system brought us Donald Trump. Democrats voting for Trump both as a way to tank the Republican chances of winning the election and later in the general when the party was inundated with "former democrats" ( Like Trump ) . Trump getting the nomination was a dream come true for Clinton until Comey tanked her campaign. I loath right wing anarchists and their drain the swamp crapola. They are doing severe damage to the Republican Party and when Trump is gone the whole smoke and mirrors game will evaporate and the Democrats will swoop in to fill the power vacuum for a very long time I fear.

I'm not buying that. There were many good strong actual Republicans in those primaries before Trump suddenly decided he was going to become a Republican and most of them would have handily defeated Clinton. As a candidate she was weak from day one. Trump supporters give her too way much credit. The open primary system brought us Donald Trump. Democrats voting for Trump both as a way to tank the Republican chances of winning the election and later in the general when the party was inundated with "former democrats" ( Like Trump ) . Trump getting the nomination was a dream come true for Clinton until Comey tanked her campaign. I loath right wing anarchists and their drain the swamp crapola. They are doing severe damage to the Republican Party and when Trump is gone the whole smoke and mirrors game will evaporate and the Democrats will swoop in to fill the power vacuum for a very long time I fear.

Hypothesizing anyone other than trump would have beaten Clinton, is just that, hypothesizing.
As unconventional as Trump was/is as a politician he awakened a fervent and energetic voting populace that simply was not there for the other republican candidates, there has been large disatisfaction with the Rupublican party from conservatives because they have failed to produce a lot of results. Trump promised results, and he's been delivering. I would like a lot more done, but when every action is being heavily scrutinized and attempted to be blocked by activist judges, the success so far has been nice.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top