JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Sorry for what may be an old question, but my quick search found conflicting information..

Can I, as a WA resident buy a long gun from an OR FFL dealer- and take possession in OR? In other words, take delivery over the counter?

Thanks.

Yep,
Unless things have changed. I live in Washington and bought a shotgun from Keith's in Gresham, Oregon. Took it home after the "Background Check" the same day.

The problem with buying a firearm far from home is that a background check is not always an instant reply and if you get a delay you are looking at returning a day or days later to pick up your purchase. I once had to drive six hours round trip plus gas and ferry to pick up a pistol with one day delay. It can really suck.

TCOV,I get delayed about every 4th,5th time,I never buy anything out side of Sequim/PA unless at a show.Then not at a dealer
I did buy a shotgun (SBEII) at the Post Falls Cabella's a few years back. Luckily,no delay that trip

TCOV,I get delayed about every 4th,5th time,I never buy anything out side of Sequim/PA unless at a show.Then not at a dealer
I did buy a shotgun (SBEII) at the Post Falls Cabella's a few years back. Luckily,no delay that trip[/QUOTE

After a couple denials that were reversed on appeal I got a UPIN and have been good since then but if the dealer uses a computer for the background check I still get a very short delay of minutes. A call by the dealer always gets a proceed. Now I just ask the dealer to call it in on the phone.

call me ignorant, but what is wrong with the purchase from another state? If you go through the same BKG checks, whats the issue? Its not like they do a local, what kind of citizen are you check.

I understand its current law, but just don't see any practical purpose for it. Its still passing federal requirements, not state. So there is relatively no difference. Certain states with extrenious rules, maybe.

HAHAHA he used the word "practical" while talking about laws,lol
It's all about money and control

Nothing's changed. Buy the gun, BG check, take it home. That simple.

+2
No problems from a ffl on a long gun. Pistols have to be shipped and don't buy privately from a guy in Oregon unless you go to an ffl. I know tax is a pain but try to support out local gun guys. -- bright water ventures is my number one.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top