Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

WA - Proposed Initiatives to the People - 2010

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by ZeroRing, Apr 24, 2010.

1. ZeroRing

ZeroRing 26th District, WA Active Member

2. zeppelin

zeppelin Benton County WA Active Member

I love it. Sign me up. Maybe we could identify a new state critter as the tapeworm.

3. gunjunky

gunjunky Arlington, WA Active Member

With regard to recent events, he may have a point.

4. Stumps

Stumps Ashford, WA Member

They would overturn it after 2 years, but it would be an awesome 2 years.

5. 8ball

8ball WA Quit talkin' and start chalking!

The 'Freedom Initiative' folks are ambitious. They have submitted a long list of initiatives, including 1059 outlawing restriction on firearms and 1062, a Firearms Freedom Act for WA. Unfortunately they've also got initiatives about health care, greenhouse gases, repealing every law passed in 2010 and demanding a constitutional cite for every state law. I can't see how they could gather enough signatures for all of those. I wish they'd just focused on one or two instead of a grab bag of issues.

1068 (legalize marijuana) and 1099/1100 (get the government out of the liquor business) might have a chance. I think it's something both conservative and liberal parts of WA can agree on.

6. smithmax

smithmax here Member

Apparently 1069 can't actually pass due to the laws regarding the seal (it can't be changed by initiative). Still pretty funny.

7. Gunner3456

Gunner3456 Salem Well-Known Member

I love it.

"This measure would require the Washington State Seal to depict a tapeworm attached to a taxpayer’s intestine, encircled by the words: Committed to sucking the life blood out of each and every taxpayer."