JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking for preppers in my region who want to meet up as a group, have some coffee, and talk about the prepping lifestyle.

A little background about me:

I'm an engineer by trade

I'm a moderate prepper. I don't have a "bunker" or a lifetime's worth of food&water, but I do keep a good supply of emergency food & water (half a year's worth).

I keep bugout/emergency bags in my car and house.

I'm also a firearm enthusiast (ofcourse), and I have numerous rifles, shotguns, handguns, etc. I also keep atleast 1000 rounds of each caliber.

*sigh*

Why do all the preppers live in the city? Do you guys want to shoot each other when times get tough?

whats wrong with prepping when you live in the city ? wont they have the same needs food,water security? another person prepping means one less person stealing.....quit being a snob

Last Edited:
prepping takes more "expertise" and "skill" when you live in the suburbs/urban area compared to out in the rural boonies.

true fact.

simply due to the fact that most violent activities occur in areas of large population density.

when the L.A riots occured, I didn't hear about any thieves in the desert valleys. but i did hear about a lot of it happening in KoreaTown, downtown L.A. Hence many korean-americans bringing out their handguns, rifles, and shotguns during the riots to defend their shops and properties (and sometimes life).

LA Riots Korean Store. - YouTube

^ the above video is why every law-abiding citizen living in highly populated areas need to have life/property insurance in the form of a gun. Take into account the L.A riots resulted in BILLIONS of dollars of damage from burned down stores, stolen merchandise, and weakened infrastructures.

whats wrong with prepping when you live in the city ? wont they have the same needs food,water security? another person prepping means one less person stealing.....quit being a snob

Meh, just admittedly stirring the pot to spark a discussion. There's already a thread on meeting preppers in your area and I'm (personally) making plans to live closer to the city (ironically, Everette). Nevertheless, I'm going to try my best to at least live as far from the city as possible in some small rural cubby hole. At least that's the plan anyways.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top