Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

WA: Paraglider Shot "at" But HomeOwner Acquitted

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by RicInOR, May 19, 2014.

1. RicInOR

RicInOR Washington County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Pappa Joe Biden's advice worked - fire 2 blasts in the air

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/today...who-fired-shots-to-get-paragliders-attention/

The homeowner said he didn't fire "at" the paraglider, did shoot to get their attention

At some point there will be another case involving an unmanned aerial vehicle, or UFO. Sooner rather than later.

"Mercer said Friday the verdict doesn’t appear to establish any “zone of privacy” involving airspace above a person’s home.

“If any kind of incidents like this happen again, I think calling the sheriff is the right thing to do for both parties,” he said. “It’s not up to me whether there’s a legitimate privacy interest there. I think that’s up to the Legislature.”"

(now which one of these new smiles = 'get off my lawn')

2. PiratePast40

PiratePast40 Willamette Valley Well-Known Member

60 to 80 feet is pretty danged low. Seems to me that with any hobby or activity, you should be aware of the effect it has on others.

3. FourTeeFive

FourTeeFive PNW Washington State Active Member

4. ZigZagZeke

ZigZagZeke Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter 2015 Volunteer

It would seem that the homeowner should never have been charged:

5. bellarum

bellarum beaverton Well-Known Member

If there were a bunch of them armed and gliding in formation; I would consider defending my air space;)

6. Three Bars

Three Bars Active Member

They are annoying to say the least. I would think a property owner outside of a metropolitan area could make a case of noise pollution

My dad lived on the outskirts of Santa Rosa Ca. A highborn down the road bought one, but after being informed of the unpleasant noise he was making, the para glider flew away from the homes in the area....I'm not sure all of these guys are so accommodating..