JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was wondering if anyone can recommend a reputable breeder for German Shepherds, specifically all black.

I currently have a GSD that I got from Geyer's Kennel (very happy) last year and have been looking for another. Unfortunatly they dont breed an all black Shepherd.

We would like to wait until we buy a new house next year so that there is more room for the two to play. We are trying to plan ahead and for most reputable breeders this would be the time to reserve a spot in the litter.

Thanks for your help.

the black dogs will usually come from a working line. do you need a pup? the kennels that ive been training my pup at breed and train for all the local police depts. they often have older dogs that a free to a good home, especially if someone has GSD experience.

the black dogs will usually come from a working line. do you need a pup? the kennels that ive been training my pup at breed and train for all the local police depts. they often have older dogs that a free to a good home, especially if someone has GSD experience.

I think a puppy would be a better option for us. I would consider a retired service dog but I think she wants the cute puppy stage first (must be a mother thing). Thanks for all the help so far guys.

Gunner- Those are some great looking animals. Unfortunatly it seems that they specialize in the traditional black/tan or black/red.

I also learned an interesting piece of information today.

With the contract that I'm currently on I often work with K-9's and I asked one of them today about black shepherds. I've seen one on camp and have heard that it has quite the temper. He informed me that having an all black K9 (specifically German Shepherd) is good and bad when it comes to working with Muslims. Apparently Mohammed the Prophet ordered most dogs to be killed. He also said that all black dogs MUST be killed because they hold evil spirits and can also be servants of the devil. He explained, when we come on venues to conduct searches with a black Shepherd we either get kicked out or they are scared sh*tless of it.

A quick google search on mohammed and black dogs confirmed that he wasn't FOS. Just another great reason to get one!

I think a puppy would be a better option for us. I would consider a retired service dog but I think she wants the cute puppy stage first (must be a mother thing). Thanks for all the help so far guys.

Gunner- Those are some great looking animals. Unfortunatly it seems that they specialize in the traditional black/tan or black/red.

I've got an email out so hopefully I can tell you which breeder soon.

Cute puppy stage?
my boy at 6 wks

20101230132726.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great looking pup! He really held onto his color really well. Kimber (my dog) was dark as a puppy and lightened up quite a bit as she got older.

Are you giving him fish oil? Once we started supplementing it in Kimbers food her coat picked up a nice shine like that.

Great looking pup! He really held onto his color really well. Kimber (my dog) was dark as a puppy and lightened up quite a bit as she got older.

Are you giving him fish oil? Once we started supplementing it in Kimbers food her coat picked up a nice shine like that.

yeah he has stayed pretty dark. i like the coloing a lot. but hes not full grown yet so we will see how he ends up. nope hes just on good food.

I know a breeder here in Vancouver,Wa that might have some I'd have to call tho to know for sure how serious are you and what is your budget ?
also you will need a fenced in yard no acception's

Smoke, We are trying to plan more for next year after we get a new house. I know GSDs run from hundreds to thousands. I guess it depends on the bloodline and reputation of the breeder how much I would be willing to put forth. Do you know the name of the Kennel so I can get in contact with them?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top