WA non-resident CCP

Would like to get myself a WA CCP. Is the process difficult at all, or similar to the OR process? I do have an OR CCP presently. Not really needing a UT permit as I don't travel much beyond the West Coast. Tried a search for previous threads, but as usual, I have no luck with the search on here.
You need to go to any Police Department, Sheriff's usually work better, fill out an application, get your prints taken, pay the money, and then wait up to 60 days for it to come in the mail.

Departments may issue on the spot but if memory serves me correct it is only the Kitsap County Sheriff that does it.
I just renewed my non-resident license in Washington this past week. You have to appear in person... no mail orders. The Clark County Sheriff's Office website has all the particulars including the application form you can fill out and print before going in...and a link to the related state of Washington pages. Check the Sheriff's Office website where you plan on going and avoid any surprises. First timers get fingerprinted and pay a little more. Your drivers license will suffice for ID. They don't care about your Oregon CHL because they don't recognize it, although they may accept it as a form of ID. It's a simple and easy process.
Last edited:
I have been meaning to do the same thing. I have my Utah but would also like to have the Washington to spare myself an argument with an officer who is not familiar with the Utah reciprocity. My buddy did the Washington, pretty quick and easy. Walked into the office in Vancouver, filled out a small bit of paperwork, paid his money, got his fingerprints, and was out the door. Three weeks later had the Washington Permit in his hands.
If you have a reason to be in a hurry, it might be worth your while to drive up to Kitsap Co. If there is no rush, any Sheriff's office on the OR/WA border would work. Cost is $55.25 for the first time app. It's good for 5 years. May take up to 60 days.
I was recently was working on a construction site in Hood River and stayed on the WA side. As a long time CC from OR, my wife and I went to the local sherriff office in Stevenson, paid them $55.25/e, without photos only prints. Took two weeks in the mail. You can find the fill-in-form on their web site as a pdf and bring it along.
As I mentioned above, I don't need a UT permit, or the additional expense, as I only travel on the west coast, and it wouldn't help in CA . If I travel elsewhere, I fly and choose not to take my weapons with me. Thanks for the info on the WA process everyone.


Free Firearms Safety Course (I-1639 Compliant)
Virtual Webinar (Zoom). Registration Link in the course description.
Seattle, WA, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA


  • Sportsman's Warehouse - Albany
    5.00 star(s)
    Good products at good prices with friendly and knowledgeable staff!
    We like to visit the Albany location as it's closer but have been to several others and they have all been great!:D
  • Umpqua Survival
    4.00 star(s)
    Easy NFA transfer
    I had a silencer transferred through their shop. The paperwork was quick and the staff helpful and friendly. Whilst waiting, I did see a nice...
  • MK Tactical
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome staff
    Being new to the area and having just made an online purchase of an AR lower, I opted to use MK Tactical as my FFL, without knowing anything about...
  • J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
Top Bottom