JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I heard back from one of my three Legislators. I got the canned FU response:

Thank you for contacting my office to voice your opinion on SB 5078, regarding new regulations on large capacity magazines.

Though I have sought to uphold the rights of law-abiding firearm owners, I also want to push for more comprehensive, common-sense firearm regulations. I believe legislation such as SB 5078 will promote community safety, which is a top priority to me.

This bill is currently in the Senate Law and Justice Committee, and if it makes it to the House, I will keep your comments in mind.

Thank you again for your advocacy on this issue. If you would like to follow this bill through the legislative process, you can use this link: SB 5078.
Common sense....eye roll

I heard back from one of my three Legislators. I got the canned FU response:

Thank you for contacting my office to voice your opinion on SB 5078, regarding new regulations on large capacity magazines.

Though I have sought to uphold the rights of law-abiding firearm owners, I also want to push for more comprehensive, common-sense firearm regulations. I believe legislation such as SB 5078 will promote community safety, which is a top priority to me.

This bill is currently in the Senate Law and Justice Committee, and if it makes it to the House, I will keep your comments in mind.

Thank you again for your advocacy on this issue. If you would like to follow this bill through the legislative process, you can use this link: SB 5078.
PUT THEIR NAME UP!!!!!
PUT THEIR NAME UP!!!!!
PUT THEIR NAME UP!!!!!

Dan

Best State Senator EVERRRR!

Hi, George.

I will absolutely oppose this and any other bill that restricts our Second Amendment rights. I am a huge supporter of the Second Amendment and I've been certified as a firearms instructor for several years now.

Yours in service,

LYNDASIGNATURE

Senator Lynda Wilson

17th Legislative District

VOTE, EVERY time. Often do not really "like" the choice I vote for but, I do not throw my vote away. Too many gun owners drag out their excuse book at every election and throw away their vote and many even worse vote for the person who wants to take their rights. A LOT of gun owners have Trump derangement syndrome and voted for both Hilary and Joe. Now many of them think writing letters to the people they helped put in office is going to "fix this".:s0140:
Until and unless most gun owners wake the hell up and vote for their best interests CA gun laws will be the norm nation wide. Sending angry letters to law makers, then voting them back into office helps how?
If you live in WA state remember the law that made the Ruger 10/22 and "Assault Weapon"? Remember what happened when some people put a LOT of money and time into trying to put it on the ballot to beat it? Could not get enough to bother to lift a pen. That is the real problem here.
Wait a tick... why do Hill and Joe get first name treatment but Don doesn't?

I hate to say it, but even 10 round mags will enable mass shootings. The only fix for this is banning all semi-automatic weapons. And anything with a mag or a clip. Bam. No mass shootings.

Because :

- it's not final law yet , just a bill in committee.
- the 9th circuit decision was not a full panel.
- even if upheld the 9th circuit decision will surely go to SCOTUS for appeal.
- the CA law was more restrictive then the proposed WA Bill, so WA law may pass the burden test if passed when the CA law did not.
- CA may pull a NYC move and amend the law before the full panel or SCOTUS hearing and this make it moot .

Details matter :https://www.courthousenews.com/nint...alifornia-ban-on-high-capacity-gun-magazines/

So...how does Wa St ban them when the Ninth Circuit has ruled 'high capacity' magazines legal? The Ninth Circuit includes Wa & Or and others.

Here's what I sent:

Good afternoon, I am contacting you today to voice my opposition to the proposed magazine capacity restriction measure. While gun violence is a legitimate public health crisis, restricting the rights of law-abiding gun owners is not in any way a solution to this issue. Magazine capacity restrictions would do nothing more than frustrate and infringe on the rights of law-abiding gun owners, and would not in any way reduce the risk of gun violence. I strongly oppose this bill and believe that it is wholly unnecessary and a violation of Washingtonians' constitutionally ordained rights.

And what I got back

Thank you for contacting Senator Muzzall about SB 5078. He is a strong supporter of Second Amendment rights, and shares your opposition to the bill. It has been referred to the Senate Committee on Law and Justice, and will need to pass out of committee and come to the Senate Floor before he has a chance to vote on it. He will keep an eye on the bill as Session progresses. You can do the same on the bill's page on the Legislature's web site here.

Thanks again for reaching out. Please feel free to send in any additional thoughts you'd like to share with Sen. Muzzall. Constituent input is very helpful to him as he weighs the issues facing our state.

When it comes to gun rights, WA seems to have the approach of "take first, deal with legal consequences later"
I think that is a big problem with a lot of States lately. Unfortunately, it's an even bigger problem that there never seems to be any later consequences... Laws mean nothing if they are never enforced and justice means nothing when it is applied unequally.

"Rules for thee and not for me."

I think that is a big problem with a lot of States lately. Unfortunately, it's an even bigger problem that there never seems to be any later consequences... Laws mean nothing if they are never enforced and justice means nothing when it is applied unequally.

"Rules for thee and not for me."
Indeed-which is why i set my Amazon Smile benefactor as the SAF, joined GOA this year, and will support FPC as soon as I can. Aggressive legal action is the peoples best recourse against these infringements.

hate to say it, but even 10 round mags will enable mass shootings. The only fix for this is banning all semi-automatic weapons. And anything with a mag or a clip. Bam. No mass shootings.

Because Charles Whitman didn't kill anyone with a bolt action, and there couldn't have been a mass shooting in LV if the guy used a .300 Win Mag instead?

That's the most ridiculous logic. Evil is in the heart. Semi autos, standard mags, bolt actions, gasoline, box trucks, etc are just tools. You can't legislate the will to commit evil acts out of someone.

Because :

- it's not final law yet , just a bill in committee.
- the 9th circuit decision was not a full panel.
- even if upheld the 9th circuit decision will surely go to SCOTUS for appeal.
- the CA law was more restrictive then the proposed WA Bill, so WA law may pass the burden test if passed when the CA law did not.
- CA may pull a NYC move and amend the law before the full panel or SCOTUS hearing and this make it moot .

Details matter :https://www.courthousenews.com/nint...alifornia-ban-on-high-capacity-gun-magazines/

Thanx for your tremendus support for all of our 2nd amendment rights. Good job!

I hate to say it, but even 10 round mags will enable mass shootings. The only fix for this is banning all semi-automatic weapons. And anything with a mag or a clip. Bam. No mass shootings.

SHUT YOUR CAKE HOLE !!!

"They" are everywhere. Don't give "them" any more ideas!!! :s0131:

:s0140:

Just sent mine too!

"Everyone understands that something needs to be done, but not SB 5078. Taking away my rights as a responsible firearm owner and putting more restrictions on me is absolutely the wrong thing to do. I urge you to vote NO on this bill and instead propose a new bill holding the criminals accountable for their actions – not add more restrictions to my rights because of their bad deeds. This bill is no different to banning mid-size to large vehicles because drunk drivers cause more fatalities than sober drivers."

That didn't take long...

5078.pdf (wa.gov)

They'll get to the smaller problems like COVID, the decimated economy, homelessness, drug problems, etc. after they clean up the existential threat of law abiding citizens having 11 rounds in their 'clips.'

They can't fix the former problems, too complicated and they're too incompetent...but its really easy to say 'those bullet holder thingys are illegal.' That the mental midgets can *sorta* comprehend. Hmmm...more bullets than I have fingers bad. Me understand.:rolleyes:

Consider starting up the emails/calls...

$.02 worth,
Boss

That is exactly was herpes does. Your body is dealing with fighting some serious infection. here comes herpes and decides to use the confusion to cause an outbreak.

Legislators are literally herpes.

Cause criminals as so worried about breaking the law? Come on and look at California. The only people that carry guns are criminals.....no ccw or open carry. :s0125: shootings and murder happen hourly there. Hourly!!!!! Wake up!!

Firearms are only tools......people will kill others no matter what. This is just a fact of life. So take off the bubble wrap and come outside. It's beautiful out there.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top