JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well I do hope that many gun owners here are gonna get off the couch and get busy.
Your right now is the time to vote with my feet and GTFO of this state before im one of the last ones left behind.

You guys keep playing the same game and getting beat. I plan on changing the game.

You dont see the inherent risk that WE take note WE are the only ones that risk having being put on a list for simply writing and protesting these. Meanwhile the ones that are sick and tired of it are leaving..
I have ZERO problem leaving my troubles behind and moving on physically.

Personally after what ive seen in the last five years. The system is 100% broken and its pointless to play Atlas.
Every fiber of my being is 100% confident that the government is not the servant of the people in any way shape or form. Not in the slightest. Not in these parts. Maybe in other states/cities.
0 faith in the system.

I may write them especially with the link provided but ultimately, im leaving regardless. Ive HAD it with the entire left coast and im literally SICK of the political climate and atmosphere AND WEATHER here.
This fight will NEVER be over, there will NEVER be respect toward us.

We are evil dont you know.
Good luck to you (us all)

Your right now is the time to vote with my feet and GTFO of this state before im one of the last ones left behind.

You guys keep playing the same game and getting beat. I plan on changing the game.

You dont see the inherent risk that WE take note WE are the only ones that risk having being put on a list for simply writing and protesting these. Meanwhile the ones that are sick and tired of it are leaving..
I have ZERO problem leaving my troubles behind and moving on physically.

Personally after what ive seen in the last five years. The system is 100% broken and its pointless to play Atlas.
Every fiber of my being is 100% confident that the government is not the servant of the people in any way shape or form. Not in the slightest. Not in these parts. Maybe in other states/cities.
0 faith in the system.

I may write them especially with the link provided but ultimately, im leaving regardless. Ive HAD it with the entire left coast and im literally SICK of the political climate and atmosphere AND WEATHER here.
This fight will NEVER be over, there will NEVER be respect toward us.

We are evil dont you know.
Good luck to you (us all)

I've been fighting against the anti-gun Commifornian ingrates here for over 12 years and it has been a very hard fought war ever since I-594 was passed. It emboldened the constitution hating communists on the left coast and we are not going to fare any better anytime soon, IMHO.
I too am looking for greener pastures, I'm retired and need to do just that.

Last Edited:
I came back with the intention to delete my first post
And replace it with this.

But i think ill just leave them right were they are.
John summed it up nicely there. And he is 100% correct. But i think it needs to be said with more weight behind it.
Freedom of speech NEEDS to be demanded, not asked for.

I think its totally lame that everyone is stiffling freedom of speech.
Even this forum.
I was somewhat dissmayed to read the owners update of EVERYONE JUST DRINK THE KOOLAID BE HAPPY.
I get it, And it would be hard to watch being the creator here. But theres far bigger things at play than just this forum, Personally i lost a little respect. But its only respect, No harm done.

very shortly here im sure ill be going dark NEVER to return to ANY gun forum for ANY reason..
And im sure im not the only one.
I wouldnt be surprised if you lost 75% of your users out if fear.
I wouldnt be surprised heck i might even bet that soon after jan 20th this sever is a ghost town. Classified only for non FA related stuff.
Personally the ONLY reason i returned recently was to sell off a bunch of stuff before selling, let alone having it is illegal.
I think the whole play nice, be complacent thing has already lost us the war. Unless you own a print newspaper with massive following. Its over.
I hope im wrong, i try to stay positive. But its fairly clear to me.

I think more than being happy, getting along Or having a gun forum to share out passions right now we need a forum to be heard above ALL else.
Share our opinions.

And just like that I'm ranting again!

Anyway hopefully the video gleens
Some positivity on your perspective
And or outlook.

My fears are nothing more than MY fears. Don't let them get you down.

United we stand divided we fall.
And we are FALLING. FAST

Last Edited:
So what's your plan then?
VOTE, EVERY time. Often do not really "like" the choice I vote for but, I do not throw my vote away. Too many gun owners drag out their excuse book at every election and throw away their vote and many even worse vote for the person who wants to take their rights. A LOT of gun owners have Trump derangement syndrome and voted for both Hilary and Joe. Now many of them think writing letters to the people they helped put in office is going to "fix this".:s0140:
Until and unless most gun owners wake the hell up and vote for their best interests CA gun laws will be the norm nation wide. Sending angry letters to law makers, then voting them back into office helps how?
If you live in WA state remember the law that made the Ruger 10/22 and "Assault Weapon"? Remember what happened when some people put a LOT of money and time into trying to put it on the ballot to beat it? Could not get enough to bother to lift a pen. That is the real problem here.

VOTE, EVERY time. Often do not really "like" the choice I vote for but, I do not throw my vote away. Too many gun owners drag out their excuse book at every election and throw away their vote and many even worse vote for the person who wants to take their rights. A LOT of gun owners have Trump derangement syndrome and voted for both Hilary and Joe. Now many of them think writing letters to the people they helped put in office is going to "fix this".:s0140:
Until and unless most gun owners wake the hell up and vote for their best interests CA gun laws will be the norm nation wide. Sending angry letters to law makers, then voting them back into office helps how?
If you live in WA state remember the law that made the Ruger 10/22 and "Assault Weapon"? Remember what happened when some people put a LOT of money and time into trying to put it on the ballot to beat it? Could not get enough to bother to lift a pen. That is the real problem here.
Great:s0155: Voting is extremely important.
Except there's no election to vote in for the next 22 months, so what is your plan in the interim? How will you let your representatives know what you want or oppose?
Believe me, I know what its like to sit at petition table and hear the stupidest excuses for not signing a petition to repeal anti-gun laws, And this was in the lobby of a gun store!! "I'm not political." "I don't want to get on a list." and the worst, "I'm not registered to vote."
But belittling the efforts of people who are trying to affect change by calling/writing/e-mailing their representatives? How is that helpful? And what do you suggest as a more productive activity for the folks contacting their representatives?

Dr Prepper, I think I understand how you feel. The times I've worked to get politicians/people to listen or even understand issues have been extremely frustrating. I won't say how I really feel about them. The one thing I do know is to vote and voice my opinion. The Minion speaks to my elected officials some of those 'others'.
Anything less is just quitting & I didn't get my DD-214 for that to happen!

Dan

20201031_180710.png

Great:s0155: Voting is extremely important.
Except there's no election to vote in for the next 22 months, so what is your plan in the interim? How will you let your representatives know what you want or oppose?
Believe me, I know what its like to sit at petition table and hear the stupidest excuses for not signing a petition to repeal anti-gun laws, And this was in the lobby of a gun store!! "I'm not political." "I don't want to get on a list." and the worst, "I'm not registered to vote."
But belittling the efforts of people who are trying to affect change by calling/writing/e-mailing their representatives? How is that helpful? And what do you suggest as a more productive activity for the folks contacting their representatives?
Same as always, try to get more people, not just other shooters, to vote for their best interest. Next election cycle starts in about 18 months. 1/3 of the Senate, all of the House. The ONLY thing law makers fear is loss of power. As long as people who enjoy rights keep helping the wrong people win the letters sent will be sent to the trash with them laughing at them.
If it makes people feel better? Write away but, remember that as long as those getting angry letters keep winning those letters mean nothing. This is like giving a child candy with a mean look when they misbehave. Then expecting the mean look to work wonders. :s0092:
If you know, work with, have family, who are indifferent about elections? Try to reach them. Do it well, not with over the top the sky if falling stories like we so often see on gun sites. Just real facts if they are really open and just not paying attention. Maybe some more of them will vote. We need people to vote and vote for the best person who can actually win. If some law makers start to lose that (power) job, they will change. Some of the old time super anti rights people in power now were not talking like that 10 or 20 years ago. They can be changed if they think it will cost them that job they love so much.

Same as always, try to get more people, not just other shooters, to vote for their best interest. Next election cycle starts in about 18 months. 1/3 of the Senate, all of the House. The ONLY thing law makers fear is loss of power. As long as people who enjoy rights keep helping the wrong people win the letters sent will be sent to the trash with them laughing at them.
If it makes people feel better? Write away but, remember that as long as those getting angry letters keep winning those letters mean nothing. This is like giving a child candy with a mean look when they misbehave. Then expecting the mean look to work wonders. :s0092:
If you know, work with, have family, who are indifferent about elections? Try to reach them. Do it well, not with over the top the sky if falling stories like we so often see on gun sites. Just real facts if they are really open and just not paying attention. Maybe some more of them will vote. We need people to vote and vote for the best person who can actually win. If some law makers start to lose that (power) job, they will change. Some of the old time super anti rights people in power now were not talking like that 10 or 20 years ago. They can be changed if they think it will cost them that job they love so much.

Outstanding:s0155:

I do much the same but I am a believer in writing my representatives. Of course here in Vancouver my reps are solid Pro 2A, so I like to remind them that I am too and wish them to stay that way. I also write to other reps to let them know that while I don't live in their district, what they do affects me nonetheless and I am quite willing to donate to them or their opposition in the next election depending on how they vote. Is it effective? I don't know but I still feel its worth my time.
Keep fighting the good fight.

So I wrote a 1000 character comment, but I know it will be useless given the district I am in. Honestly, I am actually concerned about publicly telling my rep that I support the 2nd amendment and firearm ownership. I'm not kidding. Feels like that is going to get me on some sort of list these days, especially in western WA.

So I wrote a 1000 character comment, but I know it will be useless given the district I am in. Honestly, I am actually concerned about publicly telling my rep that I support the 2nd amendment and firearm ownership. I'm not kidding. Feels like that is going to get me on some sort of list these days, especially in western WA.

Oh hell, You're already on some list just for buying a gun.
I recently found my name on some lefty hit list because I donated to Trump.
I eagerly await their visit so we can discuss matters.

I totally understand your concern. In my case, I am 1000% confident that if the list is made already, I am already on it. My browsing history looks like that of a person seeking supplies to visit Syria. I have purchased semi's on record recently in-state. My phone camera saw me wearing an AKOU shirt.....you get it. I'd just counter argue that our tactics of being politically active are our best (and only real) option to keep the laws in our favor as much as possible and that every voice counts-public sentiment has the power to influence those IN power and has worked toward our ends as gun owners in this state in the past. I hope you reconsider _/\_

I totally understand your concern. In my case, I am 1000% confident that if the list is made already, I am already on it. My browsing history looks like that of a person seeking supplies to visit Syria. I have purchased semi's on record recently in-state. My phone camera saw me wearing an AKOU shirt.....you get it. I'd just counter argue that our tactics of being politically active are our best (and only real) option to keep the laws in our favor as much as possible and that every voice counts-public sentiment has the power to influence those IN power and has worked toward our ends as gun owners in this state in the past. I hope you reconsider _/\_

Completely agree. Your cell provider tracks you, your phone apps can track you, your vehicle's infotainment system may keep trip logs, tracking cookies can follow your browser across sites, credit card companies and banks track your purchases, your smart tv can track your viewing, many stores have cell phone tracking tech shows them how customer navigate their store, and don't forget the next level Orwellian consumer devices like Google glass and Alexa. Then there is all information that people actively share on social media.

There is no hiding. The only question we have to consider is do we want to make our voices heard or do we want to lose our rights quietly?

I heard back from one of my three Legislators. I got the canned FU response:

Thank you for contacting my office to voice your opinion on SB 5078, regarding new regulations on large capacity magazines.

Though I have sought to uphold the rights of law-abiding firearm owners, I also want to push for more comprehensive, common-sense firearm regulations. I believe legislation such as SB 5078 will promote community safety, which is a top priority to me.

This bill is currently in the Senate Law and Justice Committee, and if it makes it to the House, I will keep your comments in mind.

Thank you again for your advocacy on this issue. If you would like to follow this bill through the legislative process, you can use this link: SB 5078.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top