JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
SB5078 and SB5038 have been proposed in Washington State. 5078 would limit magazine capacity to 10 rounds. 5038 would ban open carry. Time to bury our representatives in emails and phone calls in opposition. Sorry if this has already been put out in another thread.

While the letters are better than nothing the law makers normally could care less. If gun owners will not vote, law makers will laugh at the letters as they keep getting voted back in. So far gun owners in this state have overwhelmingly told law makers they love more gun laws, then wonder why they get more gun laws.
This is what needs to change or we will soon be in a race with CA to have the "best gun laws".

One thing is CERTAIN, sitting and doing nothing begets more asinine laws.
If you don't speak up....don't bit*h..

Dan
YEP! Anyone in WA who "thinks" this is because we "are out numbered" just needs to think back a short time ago. One of the GREAT shops who support us, and this site, put out a LOT of work and money to try to get the asinine law making a Ruger 10/22 an assault weapon law on the ballot. So we could vote it down. We could not get enough gun owners in WA to bother to sign the petition. How many who refused to lift a pen are now screaming how the sky is falling because the law makers want to pass more laws? How many of them are ignoring this?

FYI to all, go to the provided link https://app.leg.wa.gov/billsummary?billnumber=5078&year=2021
and use the 'comment on this bill' I highlighted in the image. That will get you to YOUR legislator. You get 1000 characters. Be polite and most of all, be precise and accurate in your response. Just saying it's bs or I don't like it isn't helpful. And don't drag other bills into the comments, that just distracts from this horrible bill.

You can also follow up by sending your legislator an email. Hint hint..

Dan

comment.jpg

FYI to all, go to the provided link https://app.leg.wa.gov/billsummary?billnumber=5078&year=2021
and use the 'comment on this bill' I highlighted in the image. That will get you to YOUR legislator. You get 1000 characters. Be polite and most of all, be precise and accurate in your response. Just saying it's bs or I don't like it isn't helpful. And don't drag other bills into the comments, that just distracts from this horrible bill.

You can also follow up by sending your legislator an email. Hint hint..

Dan

View attachment 806463
what do we comment? Esp to those of us in districts that have reps in favor of this bill

what do we comment? Esp to those of us in districts that have reps in favor of this bill
Let them know that you don't like this bill. Remind them they are supposed to represent ALL of their constituents. Even if they don't vote your way, you will have done what you could. If more people did that t here legislators might not be so quick to pass these bills. But they won't hear if you don't speak.

Last Edited:
Use the link I provided in my 9:01 am comment above. Click on the Comment on this bill circled in pink. Fill out the required info...name/STREET address/etc and it will AUTOMATICALLY list your senators. Click on their names to send it to them and follow the directions to send them a message.
1000 character limit so choose your words wisely!
It makes no difference if your senators disagree with your views or not! What matters is that THEY HEAR YOUR VIEWS!

There's a list of every senators email addy somewhere and one is always permitted to write them. Generally speaking however, if you're not in their district, there's a HUGE chance your message will go into the round file. That's why I encourage EVERYONE (yes YOU) to use the state website to comment on the bills. They now know you put some effort into addressing the bill you're interested in either for or against.
I've already heard back from 1 of my 3 reps. 3 hours AFTER I requested an answer...

Like I stated..
"One thing is CERTAIN, sitting and doing nothing begets more asinine laws.
If you don't speak up....don't bit*h.."

There's 53, 645 members here if I have my facts right. Let's get 53,645 email messages to those 49 elected officials. That means those 49 senators should each get 1,094.79 messages!
I sent mine to ALL 3 members that represent my district but that only counts as 1 message. That leaves 53,644 more messages to go! Who's next? :D

Dan :)

Counting down to ...

While the letters are better than nothing the law makers normally could care less. If gun owners will not vote, law makers will laugh at the letters as they keep getting voted back in. So far gun owners in this state have overwhelmingly told law makers they love more gun laws, then wonder why they get more gun laws.
This is what needs to change or we will soon be in a race with CA to have the "best gun laws".

This is NOT true. Your representatives will take into consideration letters and phone calls, especially mailed letters and phone calls and especially if there are a lot of them.

This is NOT true. Your representatives will take into consideration letters and phone calls, especially mailed letters and phone calls and especially if there are a lot of them.
If this makes you "feel better" fine keep telling yourself this as the people you write too keep winning elections because no one votes them out. Those letters have them scared to death alright.:s0140:

If this makes you "feel better" fine keep telling yourself this as the people you write too keep winning elections because no one votes them out. Those letters have them scared to death alright.:s0140:
C'mon now Alex..that's not fair and you know it. I can't/won't disagree with you as to the aspect there's some legislators that just don't give a sh*t about what some of their voters want or care for. But NOT writing/calling is the same as saying nothing and that's just being subservient to that particular legislator.

If 10 people write to 10 legislators and 6? 7? 8? 9? of those legislators "listen" to their voters, then those other 4 or less legislators can go suck a rock because they'll be out-voted. That's what's DESPERATELY NEEDED here. Tell your legislators what you want and hope they see your side of the issue and support your position. Yes?
We all know we'll probably never see eye to eye on everything but if we do nothing then that's just a free pass for the legislator because no dissension ever came forth.
For myself, that's totally unacceptable and I honestly hope it's unacceptable to you and the other 56,343 members here as well! Please take the time & make the effort to state your position on bills to your legislators.

Sitting in the corner with your mouth closed begets really bad legislation shoved up our backsides...and that just pi**es me off to no end. Besides..I'd LOVE to see the look on that senators face when that senator gets 1,094 messages in opposition to a bill they 'support'. Wouldn't you? :)

Dan

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top