JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Got one canned reply...

Thank you for contacting me, and for your patience in receiving a response.

I very much appreciate your comments regarding HB 1164/Sb 5078. As you probably know, I do support common sense gun reform that will help make our communities safer. While we may disagree on some of the gun reform laws that are coming before the legislature in 2021, I do thank you for taking the time to write to me to express your opinion. Robust debate and input from constituents is critically important to a transparent and healthy democracy.

Gun violence is now the third leading cause of death for children in the United States, and while I do not support banning all firearms, I do support measures that will help keep Washington children and families safe. I believe that common sense regulation will help prevent needless injury and death, and it is my goal to enact laws while continuing to allow law-abiding citizens the ability to purchase and use guns safely and responsibly. However, I have not yet had a chance to vote on this particular bill, nor do I serve on the committee that it is being heard in, so I will take your feedback into consideration if this bill is moved to the floor for a vote this year.

Again, thanks for taking the time to contact me. Your participation in our democracy is very much appreciated.

Sincerely,
Noel

Noel Frame (she / her / hers)

State Representative, 36th Legislative District

Chair, House Finance Committee
360-786-7814

"Common sense regulation" is usually a dead giveaway that the regulation is in no way common sense but rather that the proponents have no empirical, historical or constitutional arguments and must resort to using the "appeal to common sense" fallacy.

Got one canned reply...

I very much appreciate your comments regarding HB 1164/Sb 5078. As you probably know, I do support common sense gun reform that will help make our communities safer. While we may disagree on some of the gun reform laws that are coming before the legislature in 2021, I do thank you for taking the time to write to me to express your opinion. Robust debate and input from constituents is critically important to a transparent and healthy democracy.

Gun violence is now the third leading cause of death for children in the United States, and while I do not support banning all firearms, I do support measures that will help keep Washington children and families safe. I believe that common sense regulation will help prevent needless injury and death, and it is my goal to enact laws while continuing to allow law-abiding citizens the ability to purchase and use guns safely and responsibly. However, I have not yet had a chance to vote on this particular bill, nor do I serve on the committee that it is being heard in, so I will take your feedback into consideration if this bill is moved to the floor for a vote this year.

Again, thanks for taking the time to contact me. Your participation in our democracy is very much appreciated.

Sincerely,
Noel

360-786-7814

I want to know where she got that figure about firearms being the third largest cause of death for children-this has to be some kind of cherry-picked bs.

I want to know where she got that figure about firearms being the third largest cause of death for children-this has to be some kind of cherry-picked bs.

One of the biggest statistical lies used by gun control proponents is categorize suicides involving firearms under general terms such as "firearm violence". In this case, the legislator is using the "appeal to common sense" logical fallacy, mischaracterizing suicide as gun violence, and inferring that somehow reducing magazine capacity will reduce child suicide rates.

Not only is she demonstrating fallacious logic, but also a contempt of her constituents if she thinks they are not intelligent enough to see how utterly ridiculous her comments are.

One of the biggest statistical lies used by gun control proponents is categorize suicides involving firearms under general terms such as "firearm violence". In this case, the legislator is using the "appeal to common sense" logical fallacy, mischaracterizing suicide as gun violence, and inferring that somehow reducing magazine capacity will reduce child suicide rates.

Not only is she demonstrating fallacious logic, but also a contempt of her constituents if she thinks they are not intelligent enough to see how utterly ridiculous her comments are.

Yes a no. She's not incorrect, but that has nothing to do with magazine capacity, so she's making an argument "we need to do something, anything , even if it's not connected in any way except being in similar area of interest." Yes, I agree that's political BS.

Capture.JPG

Got a short response from one of my local reps...

Senator Schoesler agrees with you and will vote "NO" on this bill – he will not support any bills that seek to weaken our 2nd Amendment rights.

Thank you for taking the time to write to us, we appreciate your input.

Krista Winters

Senior Executive Assistant to

Senator Mark Schoesler

9th Legislative District

State of Washington

Yes a no. She's not incorrect, but that has nothing to do with magazine capacity, so she's making an argument "we need to do something, anything , even if it's not connected in any way except being in similar area of interest." Yes, I agree that's political BS.

View attachment 815802

The homicide category of the quoted statistic is primarily from a few urban centers (Chicago, Baltimore, etc...) and mostly related to gang activity utilizing illegally owned firearms. Once suicide and gang violence are removed, firearm related violence in the US is limited. However, gun control proponents almost never break such statistics down that far as doing so would suggest a very different set of policy responses than attacking the 2nd ammendment.

If anyone is following the bill is out of committee . It has been amended with:

- round limit moved to 17.
- exemption for retired Police removed.
- Proof of ownership required by taking a photo which can be shown to be taken prior to effective date (this I think is a poison pill as no court would uphold that, given that photos can be doctored, not everyone has access to camera, and all other issues with this language)
- If you claim to have acquired the magazine through inheritance, you need to present a photo of the previous owner with the magazine , photo taken prior to effective date (again, poison pill I think, because it's even more nonsense. My 70 year old grandpa needs to have take a photo.. WTF?)

Ds recommending pass. Rs obviously not.

Ohh, just in case. I'm going to call my friends up, we will all get all of our mags together and each will take a photo with the 100s of mags in the picture. There, legality presumed!

Last Edited:
We need everyone to go here on the forum, scroll down and start writing letters to the people listed on committee that's overseeing and deciding if this is going to go forth. I put their email addys up for all to use and a copy of what I sent to aid/guide in your letter to them.

For GOD's sake people...we have got to write to these people even if you don't live in their district!

There's 54,000 plus members here..WRITE WRITE WRITE everyone!

Dan

Got one canned reply...

Sincerely,
Noel

360-786-7814

tell her this information!

Nowhere in this report by our OWN state ran website is firearms number 3 in our State or any other state!

FYI to all, go to the provided link https://app.leg.wa.gov/billsummary?billnumber=5078&year=2021
and use the 'comment on this bill' I highlighted in the image. That will get you to YOUR legislator. You get 1000 characters. Be polite and most of all, be precise and accurate in your response. Just saying it's bs or I don't like it isn't helpful. And don't drag other bills into the comments, that just distracts from this horrible bill.

You can also follow up by sending your legislator an email. Hint hint..

Dan

View attachment 806463
This was super easy folks. Took me 5 minutes, please chip in!!! I am a new resident in WA from Texas, so some of you long time/legacy residents have no excuse!!

This was super easy folks. Took me 5 minutes, please chip in!!! I am a new resident in WA from Texas, so some of you long time/legacy residents have no excuse!!
Awesome! Thanks for bringing us some of that Texas firearm sensibility-Be sure you commented on the latest bill, however. They killed the original ban on magazines over 10 rds with and replaced it with a ban on magazines with over 17rds (stupid, I know...). Just a heads up!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top