JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Uptight Washington libs furious over gun rights posters aimed at gays

:s0112: :s0155: :s0114:

Hell hath no fury like a liberal confronted with reality, if reaction in today’s Think Progress and yesterday’s on-line commentary at The Stranger – the latter a popular Seattle alternative newspaper – to pro-gun posters aimed at gays that are reportedly appearing around the Capitol Campus in Olympia and Seattle’s Capitol Hill.

<broken link removed>

The next group to target is the black community. Maybe with something like, do you know why "Saturday night specials" were outlawed? So poor people would have to rely on the government for their protection, rather than being able to protect themselves as they have a right to do. Ever heard of Jim Crow...he has come back to roost in the latest gun control laws.

well fortunately, both of the articles are getting pretty beat up in the comments section by a number of self-labeled liberals or gays who are in support of gun rights.

these people continue to be in the dark about how universal and apolitical the second amendment and its supporters really can be. they still think that "true" gays or "true" liberals hate guns and want to see people disarmed.

They should be careful about assuming gays are on their plantation. I made the same mistake and got a real surprise when a good friend of mine who is of lesbian persuasion said she wanted to shoot a gun. We went to the range along with her partner and she did a great job as a beginner. At the time her partner was not comfortable with firearms, but I now hear the partner is asking that they buy more firearms.

My gay cousin would probably give these jokers pause to reconsider as well.

I also have gay relatives. They are equally split on the pro and anti gun sides. I am making headway to turn the anti, pro, or at least not against. It has a lot to do with where they are from. One is from Washington and the other is from California. You can guess which is which.

porkchopexpress,

Don't give up.

Our lesbian friend lives in the SF Bay area--right in Boxer, Feinstein, etc. territory. I took her to one of the very fine ranges with which the Bay area is blessed despite the SF politics.

I first met my gay cousin (long story) when he was living in the SF Bay area. He and his partner did not care to associate with the type of people that give SF and the Castro (gay neighborhood) notoriety.

Oh I won't give up. I have taken her parents shooting and they are pretty much pro gun at this point. She will come around. I just need to get her up here and out int he woods for a fun day of "shoot the watermelon". It will happen.

Gays should be fertile ground for the gun rights side, since they may have need to defend themselves against bigots who would do them harm over their choice of life partners.

While visiting my favorite beer emporium I noticed that the sales clerk was wearing a Pink Pistols T-shirt. I made a comment expressing approval of gays defending themselves. She didn't know what I was talking about. Turned out that the Pink Pistols were a ladies' roller derby team.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top