JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello,
Need little direction to find WA legal muzzleloader with 209 primer ignition.
I checked all manufacturers and everyone make NW legal but with musket cap. Is any way to order one, or I still have change myself?
Thank you

Anything "colorado legal" will work. TC Encore FX comes with open sights and a 209 breech plug. Its also Blackhorn 209 capable. CVA also has that option, but the breech plug isn't dished for BH209 if that matters to you. An extra plug is pretty cheap. CVA is more economical than TC. Knight is way more expensive and isn't break action, but a quality rifle. Muzzle-Loaders.com typically has good deals and is in Oregon. Muzzleloaders can ship straight to your door.

Anything "colorado legal" will work. TC Encore FX comes with open sights and a 209 breech plug. Its also Blackhorn 209 capable. CVA also has that option, but the breech plug isn't dished for BH209 if that matters to you. An extra plug is pretty cheap. CVA is more economical than TC. Knight is way more expensive and isn't break action, but a quality rifle. Muzzle-Loaders.com typically has good deals and is in Oregon. Muzzleloaders can ship straight to your door.
Thank you for information. I know nothing about muzzleloaders. Just want to try it for next year. Decided to buy this year while BF and Christmas sales, and give myself time to learn it.

Thank you for information. I know nothing about muzzleloaders. Just want to try it for next year. Decided to buy this year while BF and Christmas sales, and give myself time to learn it.

I'm in the same boat. I was wavering between traditional and modern muzzleloaders. Bought one of each. I think traditional is cooler and more fun to plink with. The modern one is more accurate at distance and always goes off.

Might want to open up the regs to page 85. Gone is the verbiage requiring ignition to be open to the elements. So pretty much any modern ML using 209 primers is legal. I recommend the CVA accura series. Sweet triggers and great accuracy from their Begara barrels. Also you can get a BH 209 specific breech plug for the CVA if you are going to use that specific powder.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top