JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
FYI. Department Of Natural Resources closed the rock pit up at larch to all shooting. There are no signs on the pit side, but there are on the wooded side of the road.
Dude up there said police will be up soon to hand out tickets

Not surprising after years of watching some of the people who would show up there. I quit even stopping there. It is disappointing that the people who want places to shoot are too often the reason they are closed. I have seen people who thought that it was OK to throw out random junk just to shoot it to fragments and leave the site. I have seen people pull in to the rock pit and get out and just start blazing away without taking a moment to see what others were doing or where they might be. I have seen people who don't stop shooting when a car goes by when it would only take a minute off the trigger to let the vehicle clear the area. You never know if the person in that car could be a highly influential anti gunner that you are giving more incentive to close these areas. There are a lot of shooters that don't have enough sense to realize that not only are they ruining for themselves they are ruining it for others as well. These shooters screw it up for everyone. It also didn't help that DNR or Larch Mt. Honor camp didn't make any attempt to educate people not to shoot in the direction of the prison camp.

True, you get a lot of dumb kids that go up there and many other areas that throw a bunch of garbage out shoot it up then just leave there trash there.
Up there it's a lot of russians/eastern euros that have no respect for nature, laws, or people in general.

But some of the white trash is just as bad.
I'm white trash, but at least I respect nature, other people, and follow the rules.

I'm just going to miss the easy access. It was nice getting a rifle back from the smith and driving up 20 min, blowing off some rounds just to see if everything is doing what it's suppose to and going home, without paying $20 and not being able to fire at fast speeds to see if I get a fte or ftf. That's all. It was an easy testing ground.

I noticed last time I rode up Larch on me bike all the brand new clean looking "NO SHOOTING" signs on every turn off.

I strongly suspect claims of bullets hitting roofs and cars and such are eexxttreeeeemmlllyyy exaggerated. Maybe a roofer found ONE bullet in the roof somewhere- that's actually pretty common. As a roofer, I've pulled probably a dozen bullets out of roofs over the years. Always in the inner city.

I believe a lot of the Larch Mt closure is due to the increased usage by the Mountain Bike clubs the last couple of years. Mt. bikers have discovered Larch Mt. as a place in close proximity to Portland. They regularly have functions up there and you see bike shops from as far south as Eugene at the events.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top