JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
In short, this is a test case (although an expensive one) and proving ground for Bloomberg and gang on how to push thru these initiatives by educating the public on fear and lies. If it is stopped in Washington, it will certainly curtail their efforts in other states. It gives a bit of different meaning to the <broken link removed> that Bloomberg sponsored last month. Note: These types of classes are also available for the pro 2nd amendment groups as well.

"Bloomberg plans to run a similar ballot measure in Oregon in 2015 and in a dozen or more states in 2016. One of them is Nevada, where the 2016 campaign is already in progress. Bloomberg's Nevada operation calls itself "Nevadans for Background Checks" and is operated by Melissa Warren, the managing partner at the Faiss Foley Warren Public Relations & Government Affairs lobbying firm."

http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/a...un-control-debate-in-the-evergreen-state.aspx

Keep a sharp eye out for the ballot initiative next year. If it starts, I think we will need to be better organized than ever before.

I totally agree that we Oregonians need to pay attention and defeat any I-594-like initiative in our state. I disagree that supporting an I-591 type of law is the right approach. BOTH I-594 and I-591 weaken the rights of gun owners.

Vote NO on I-594 and similar initiatives.
Vote NO on I-591 and similar initiatives.

I'm glad pcwen is in Oregon and can't vote no on I-591. There's an upside.

591 seeks to prevent state preemption, and this is supposed to weaken 2nd amendment rights? Much in the same way rebar weakens concrete, in my view.

Anyway, back on topic, this could be the (in the anti's view) the "winning" tactic: to dismantle the 2nd amendment- not at the Federal level all at once, but by taking it apart one state at a time.

Remove enough bricks and the wall collapses.

'97 makes a very important point here.

Being in Idaho, I can't vote in WA. Take this for what little it's worth.

McDonald extended 2A rights to the States, thus pre-empting anti-2A legislation. (Except for the list in Heller.)

I'm old, I remember before GCA68, when firearms were a commodity, and when teenagers had 2A rights.

Any background check for any transfers between private citizens is just another infringement, to add to the myriad that have already been inflicted.:(

EEks. I hope this is an exaggeration! I know Second-Amendment-Foundation and NRA are competing groups. But really, is the NRA really cutting off their nose (and ears and brain) just out of spite?

http://www.the-minuteman.org/2014/08/11/where-the-f-is-the-nra/

All the more reason to study and learn what is happening in Washington. From the first day someone prints out a signature ballot initiative page, all the way thru election day.

Afterall, the anti-amendment side will have allies. In this article, the Oregon State Attorney filed to SUPPORT the NY SAFE act!!!!
http://www.theshootingchannel.com/2...eys-general-join-pro-second-amendment-appeal/

Last Edited:
Let us know how we can help.

AND NOW A NOTE FROM ALAN GOTTIEB:

Good News. Bad News.

Dear Gun Rights Supporter,

The good news. Our first TV and Radio ads are now ready to go.

Our plans are to get them on air the first week of September.

The ads highlight the fact that law enforcement is on our side and lets the public know that the Washington State Law Enforcement Firearms Trainers Association and the Washington Council of Police and Sheriffs have endorsed I-591.

The public needs to know that over 7,500 police and sheriffs support I-591 and oppose I-594.

The bad news. We still need to raise $65,000 for the first statewide ad buy.

Unfortunately, we don't have a Michael Bloomberg, Nick Hanauer, Bill Gates, Steve Ballmer, or Paul Allen to throw millions of dollars our way like they have done for our opponents.

All we have is you and 8,422 other volunteers who have gotten us this far.

Please help us at this critical time by making a donation to get our advertising on the air.

Our success rests in your hands.

Thank you for all your help and support at this pivotal time.

In Freedom,

Alan Gottlieb
Protect Our Gun Rights
http://wagunrights.org/
====================================

Well, gang, that's where we are. Up against big bucks demagoguery. Every little bit will help.

It is a shame that we have to continually fight for rights guaranteed by the Constitution. The reason for that document was in part so we would not have to worry that someone or some group or groups could take our GOD GIVEN rights away, the Constitution was designed to force government to always work to reinforce our rights, the government is supposed by that document to defend us when and if anyone tries to deprive us of our rights.

It is long past the time when those who attack the Constitution and America's citizens should be forced to explain why they are doing so. If the founders had wanted our rights to be parsed out and dribbled to us through a screen the Constitution would have said so.

Unfortunately if we try to stop them from speaking so foolishly and treasonously they can say they have the right to speak out, but we must remind them that we will respect their rights as long as they respect ours. It is obvious on the face of that response that they have to shut up!

Once we understand where political correctness came from we are armed against the insanity.
Willing Accomplices: How KGB Covert Influence Agents Created Political Correctness and Destroyed America
By Kent Clizbe

I'm glad pcwen is in Oregon and can't vote no on I-591. There's an upside.

591 seeks to prevent state preemption, and this is supposed to weaken 2nd amendment rights? Much in the same way rebar weakens concrete, in my view.

Anyway, back on topic, this could be the (in the anti's view) the "winning" tactic: to dismantle the 2nd amendment- not at the Federal level all at once, but by taking it apart one state at a time.

Remove enough bricks and the wall collapses.

'97 makes a very important point here.

One with the good can always see to pull the blinders off a dark horse with an evil name. Most Lawyers will state the law IS A DOUBLE EDGED SWORD.

Without going through of arguments with all you guys I am going to call it like most have seen it.

NO ON BOTH!

One with the good can always see to pull the blinders off a dark horse with an evil name. Most Lawyers will state the law IS A DOUBLE EDGED SWORD.

Without going through of arguments with all you guys I am going to call it like most have seen it.

NO ON BOTH!

I don't think "most have seen it" like you do. You may want to believe that, but it's not accurate.

The argument that I keep hearing is that I-591 preempts state sovereignty. If you think that then go back and read the tenth amendment. There is no state sovereignty for the second amendment. It is a protected right (or is supposed to be anyway) that is already enumerated and therefore it doesn't fall into the rights of the states to regulate it. As long as we continue to allow the states to do so though we are going to slowly lose the right as they will nibble away at it until it's gone. It also does not say that we have to follow whatever background check system is in place on a federal level. On the contrary it says we will not follow any that are not in place. Big difference. If it passes we would actually end up with a less stringent background check requirement. For instance the 5 day allowance would be reduced to the federal which I think is 3 days. If anyone thinks that WA will nullify any federal background check requirement then they are idiots. At most they might try to have it declared unconstitutional but they will still follow it. Of course the other side is thrilled when we argue about losing control of an inherent right at the state level because it makes it easier for them to slowly take that right away. Passing a background check law at the state level is an easy task compared to doing so on the federal level. We know this as we are seeing it firsthand and are having to fight tooth and nail to try to stop it.

Exactly, want to help? Donate money to wagunrights.org I have and I live here, if you want to help throw a few bucks, do not donate to the NRA however until they start getting in the game...

10688180_10203415882252349_4471052404415337417_o.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads