JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm guessing this is a bill introduced each year to push a personal agenda, but I really do not know. Something to watch, I just can't say whether it is something to be concerned over.

House Bill 2067 (Eliminating reimbursement for defense costs of persons acquitted on the basis of self-defense) Introduced by Rep. Ross Hunter, (D-Medina) (D) on April 9, 2011, repeals a section of current law which allowed for reimbursement of the cost of defense for a person acquitted on the basis of self-defense.
2011 House Bill 2067 (Eliminating reimbursement for defense costs of persons acquitted on the basis of self-defense) - Washington Votes

More abuse and intimidation tactics aimed at law abiding persons whose lives were in danger from criminal scum and were forced to take action to defend themselves or another innocent

Worthy legislation from a real scumbag.. here's the message: "If you're not rich and well insured you might want to just get beaten or raped and endure it, maybe even allow yourself to be murdered, because you or your surviving family are possibly going to lose everything in the aftermath"

Wrote Ed Orcutt an email and asked him NOT to support it. He's pretty pro-gun so I'm hoping he can see through what's going on.

Eight U.S. Presidents have been NRA members. They are: Ulysses S. Grant,
Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, Dwight D. Eisenhower,
John F. Kennedy, Richard M. Nixon, Ronald Reagan and George Bush

80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
South West Washington Arms Collector member

Here's the answer I got back from Ed Orcutt:
It looks like a pretty bad idea to take away reimbursements for defense costs when you are acquitted for self defense. Seems like if you were a victim to start with, you shouldn't be held to pay to defend yourself when defending yourself was the whole reason for the incident in the first place.

Ed

Eight U.S. Presidents have been NRA members. They are: Ulysses S. Grant,
Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, Dwight D. Eisenhower,
John F. Kennedy, Richard M. Nixon, Ronald Reagan and George Bush

80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
South West Washington Arms Collector member

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show