JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was going to order a spare 80% lower last night and found the a lot of retailers will not ship to WA. Then found out about HB 1739. I've seen a bunch of arguments that you can still finish a 80%, but what about the "untraceable" part of the law?

Bob

you can still get them here in WA via gun forums and their classified or you can still find them at gun shows when they start back up. I have found several on Calguns.net. You may have to register but the forums do not charge to join. I know there are a couple on WAguns.org in the parts section.

It boils down to whether the 80% frame, when finished, is detectable by the type of screening machines normally used by airports. Of course TSA won't tell us exactly what their machines will see, but the (somewhat credible) samples I have seen show a Glock frame on the X-ray.

It boils down to whether the 80% frame, when finished, is detectable by the type of screening machines normally used by airports. Of course TSA won't tell us exactly what their machines will see, but the (somewhat credible) samples I have seen show a Glock frame on the X-ray.

Yeah - this entire thing is just a bunch of antigun bs. I remember flying and wife had two candles in her bag she bought cheap ans wanted to bring home. The pulled the bag for inspection. Those machines would easily see a glock frame.

I was going to order a spare 80% lower last night and found the a lot of retailers will not ship to WA. Then found out about HB 1739. I've seen a bunch of arguments that you can still finish a 80%, but what about the "untraceable" part of the law?

Bob
I read the text of HB 1739, and only see that there is a provision that prevents folks from manufacturing guns that will be sold. I'm looking into doing my first set of lowers myself and would rather not run afoul of any "well-intentioned" laws.

Is WA quickly trying to become the next CA of Gun Laws?

Rrrrright.....
wwf2ag.jpg

Aloha, Mark

I read the text of HB 1739, and only see that there is a provision that prevents folks from manufacturing guns that will be sold. I'm looking into doing my first set of lowers myself and would rather not run afoul of any "well-intentioned" laws.

Just to clarify a couple of things. You are correct about manufacturing that will be sold. That requires a manufacturing license and a tax number. "BUT".......that is already Federal law and has been for decades. Something else to think about. Not only I-1639 laws....But Jay Inslee sign an executive State Order banning untraceable and undetectable firearms. It went into effect last july 1st.

Just to clarify a couple of things. You are correct about manufacturing that will be sold. That requires a manufacturing license and a tax number. "BUT".......that is already Federal law and has been for decades. Something else to think about. Not only I-1639 laws....But Jay Inslee sign an executive State Order banning untraceable and undetectable firearms. It went into effect last july 1st.
What's the name on that EO?

The text on 9.41.325 is clear that it concerns anyone facilitating the ability for an individual that had their rights to obtain a firearm taken away can be prosecuted of a felony. This is probably why companies have stopped selling unfinished lowers so they can avoid the entire issue.

Apparently HB 1739 amended RCW 9.41.190 but that includes only the text "(d) Manufacture an untraceable firearm with the intent to sell the untraceable firearm."

From what I can tell, if you are making it yourself, and you can legally own a firearm, there is nothing unlawful about that. Obviously this can change in the future though...

I was wrong. it is not an EO but an RWC code.....
So, having read the aforementioned RCW section, I conclude that purchasing and finishing 80% lowers for personal use is still legal in this state.
And someone is suggesting that we are seeing suppliers that are refusing to ship here? WTF??? o_O
I haven't bought any fresh 80%'ers since January of 2019, as I have a couple left in my stock, but who are these virtue-signaling "suppliers" that we must avoid?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top