JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
You can comment directly using the link below if you can't make it to the hearing on Tuesday.

Remember, this is an initiative but can be considered by the legislature for a vote any time. At least two Republicans are voting to support it, which is all the margin it needs. If WAGR is successful, this will be passed this session and there will be no initiative to vote on in November.

Please be respectful. Point out this bill is flawed, doesn't stop criminals and just puts law abiding gun owners in jail.

594 - 2013-14

You can comment directly using the link below if you can't make it to the hearing on Tuesday.

Remember, this is an initiative but can be considered by the legislature for a vote any time. At least two Republicans are voting to support it, which is all the margin it needs. If WAGR is successful, this will be passed this session and there will be no initiative to vote on in November.

Please be respectful. Point out this bill is flawed, doesn't stop criminals and just puts law abiding gun owners in jail.

594 - 2013-14

Done and TY for posting this.

This bill could make machine guns legal in WA though. In their definition there is no wording of "one shot per pull of the trigger"

(15) "Machine gun" means any firearm known as a machine
gun, mechanical rifle, submachine gun, or any other mechanism or instrument not requiring that the trigger be pressed for each shot and having a reservoir clip, disc, drum, belt, or other separable mechanical device for storing, carrying, or supplying ammunition which can be loaded into the firearm, mechanism, or instrument, and fired therefrom at the rate of five or more shots per second.

According to this any gun with a rate of fire 599rds/min or less is not a machine gun.................

Guess I was wrong. I forgot that is how WA originally worded it. There is no change on that part from the current wording.

Yes. In fact, Pam Roach called and left me a message saying she received my e-mail asking her to oppose I-594 and stated that "she will do everything she can to defend our 2nd amendment right". That was great to here and hats off to her for being so responsive! She also asked if I would be interested in being added to her sportsman caucus -- which I will gladly do.

Take a few minutes and write your legislators... they need to hear from all of us.:yes:

Yes. In fact, Pam Roach called and left me a message saying she received my e-mail asking her to oppose I-594 and stated that "she will do everything she can to defend our 2nd amendment right". That was great to here and hats off to her for being so responsive! She also asked if I would be interested in being added to her sportsman caucus -- which I will gladly do.

Take a few minutes and write your legislators... they need to hear from all of us.:yes:

A call ? Dang... I was happy with an email from mine.

Everyone on this board that calls Washington home needs to do this, now.

You need to use the website which locates your district. If you are outside WA, they generally don't care.

I left my comment. I wanted to get to the hearings today, but have a flight out to Texas this afternoon.

I-594 will prove ineffectual at preventing crime involving firearms, as the majority of these crimes involve stolen firearms as per ATF - nearly 200,000 guns are stolen every year: https://www.atf.gov/sites/default/files/assets/Firearms/2012-firearms-reported-lost-and-stolen.pdf

It will impact the privacy and freedom of Washington citizens by criminalizing transfers - even loaning - of firearms between friends, family members, and hunting and shooting sports partners.

Many WA gun owners also believe that I-594 is a paving stone for mandatory firearms registration. Realistically, any "universal background check" bill cannot be enforced via the legal system without a firearms registration database. This will undoubtedly become an additional focal point for initiative/legislative action in the immediate future if I-594 passes, as it has been in nearly every other state that requires "universal background checks" - e.g. New York, California, Connecticut, etc.

I-594 is bad for Washington

From tvw.org

Rep. Jamie Pedersen (D-Seattle), the prime sponsor of House Bill 1588, said supporters are still searching for three more votes in order to pass the legislation out of the House. Pedersen said they had 47 firm votes, and six or seven lawmaker on the fence.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top