1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

WA handgun sales cause paperwork backup

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Dave Workman, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Washington’s ‘rush’ on guns bogs down Dept. of Licensing

As yesterday’s Washington Times was reporting that “black Friday” gun sales were the sixth highest in history, on the heels of another report that National Instant Background Checks (NICS) had declined more than 14 percent from November 2012, the Washington Department of Licensing told this column that it is months behind on logging handgun transfers into the state’s pistol registry.

Washington?s ?rush? on guns bogs down Dept. of Licensing - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com
    duane black and (deleted member) like this.
  2. duane black

duane black Washington Well-Known Member

Instead of giving them 400k of our tax money, we should just scrap the whole program. I have a few major issues with the state of Washington, the pistol registry is one of them.

We will see that happen once hell freezes over, we all know how much government likes to give up power once it gets it.

" But we need this data to solve crimes, for the children "

Maybe thats what we do, hit the DOLs funding, and buy more pistols.

3. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

4. Sstrand

Sstrand La Grande OR Well-Known Member

You can bet that department got it's marching orders from the governor.

5. mancat

mancat Kitsap County Well-Known Member

Well, glad to have helped bog them down with my purchase of an M92 AK "pistol" a couple weeks back.

Now to just get the state of WA to allow me to turn it into a rifle without adding six inches of useless steel to the end of the barrel. The ban on SBR/SBS in WA is 100% BS, and from what I understand was enacted illegally as part of a failed state AWB.. But that is another topic.
  6. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

The right to purchase and transfer arms should be available any time of day on any given day.. This "system" is a guise in which the limitation of availability of firearms is a reality ultimately leading to when, where and how you purchase a firearm.

Certain days, weeks, months.. Perhaps the overall amount of firearms, the types.. These are all things I guarantee they'll start mandating and tracking. All they need is one more tragedy.

Push for and support the private sales of private property!
    If its yours and you choose to or prefer to sell it without a middle man, do it.
  7. BigStick

BigStick Sherwood, OR Well-Known Member

Wish I had the cash right now to contribute to the backlog. I agree that we should just get rid of the pistol registry. I didn't even realize we had one for years after I moved up here.