Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

WA Gun Related House Bills - 28 of them!

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by freestoneangler, Dec 24, 2013.

1. freestoneangler

freestoneangler wa Well-Known Member

Just reading in the WAC monthly about the 28 bills currently on the docket for the 2014 year. A good many are pro-gun; like maintaining the CPL renewal notice (HB1318), Range Protection (HB1184) and WA Firearms Freedom Act (HB1371). But others look to add restrictions and make ownership and sales cumbersome... such as Gun Safety Training Tax (HB1703) and Background Checks in two bills (HB5625 and 5711)...which if I'm reading correctly would not allow sale of rifles and shotguns w/o a background -- retail or private sellers.

WAC has a person (Joe Waldron) who stays very close to all the action on this subject matter down in Olympia. He offers a free weekly e-mail update on happenings... I just signed up.

If you're interested, send an e-mail to goalwa@cox.net and put "Subscribe GOAL Post" in the subject line. :thumbup:

2. rur862

rur862 Seattle Active Member

Thanks for posting this. Getting updates about bad bills progressing to a vote will be key to stopping them. Get ready to call your legislators folks.

3. 8ball

8ball WA Quit talkin' and start chalking!

28 is a lot of bills. It would be good to see some activism come out of this NWFA forum, and maybe less of the FEMA/UN/Illuminati conspiracy threads. :rolleyes:

I see Taylor, Overstreet, Shea, Short, Pike, Scott, Schmick, Crouse, Condotta, Kristiansen and Kretz are supporting yet another Firearm Freedoms Act for WA. I hope they are also putting efforts into good gun laws that will be passed as well as just symbolic 'feel good' bills like FFA that will have zero impact now or in the future.

Is Goal Post available online anywhere? Email isn't exactly the most effective means of distributing updates.

4. freestoneangler

freestoneangler wa Well-Known Member

I'm not sure. There was also an e-mail address listed. (jwaldron@halcyon.com). Perhaps you can drop him a line and check that out. I'm with you on taking lots more action and doing a bit less griping. Don't get me wrong, I love a good old pissing match as much as the next guy but find myself spending more and more time keeping up with key issues important to me. Also more time writing to legislators, both state and federal about my position...and trying to effect theirs.

In fact, with the mood on the street right now and complete disgust with the AHA, now is a good time to double down on squashing all the anti-gun movement...the DIMS are running from anything controversial presently and gun rights certainly is that.

5. swampertwo

swampertwo Just moved to Olympic peninsula!! Active Member

Joe Waldron's GOALPost is usually out weekly with alerts as warranted. It's pretty timely and has a LOT of info for us average folk.
    Highly recommend subscribing.

6. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

Those are the sources of the push for the anti gun bills !
    There is no such thing as a conspiracy theory any longer !
    Nearly every so called conspiracy theory as labeled by the LEFT has come to fruition !
    Conspiracies in planning is a more appropriate term unless you live in a narrow tunnel !