JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Actually, I'm right. I do this sort of thing for a living.

His heritage has nothing to do with this.

You make a living at hypocrisy? That is what mancat was referring to when he posted: "...forgot the mantra "never again," preferring instead to disarm the people just as was done to his ancestors."

It is also what I was referring to when I made the post about jews promoting gun-control being tantamount to a person of sub-Sahara ethnicity promoting Jim Crow laws... HYPOCRISY.

Understand??

It seems you read JEW and instantly thought anti-semetic, which I can see nothing of.

Yeah, well the last time I checked, this isn't Germany in 1940, and every time someone in our camp brings up Nazis and Hitler, we as a group look foolish, if not crazy.

Dave, while I respect the work that you do, I think your head is in the sand on this particular point.

I called nobody a Nazi or made any direct references to America being analogous to 1940s Germany, but indeed I could not make the point that I wanted to make without referencing real history. That point is that there are a large amount of hypocritical people of Jewish heritage that are key players in the gun control movement. There's really no way to look past it unless you choose to.

I simply think it's sad that they've chosen to betray their people's history.

Just keep it up and you'll alienate the voters we need to beat I-594 because they'll all think that gun owners are a bunch of loons.

Actually, I think the opposite. It would probably be a great Q&A session if people like Hanauer, Feinstein, and Bloomberg could be asked directly and put on the spot to defend their actions in relation to how their own ancestors were systematically disarmed nearly a century ago in Europe. At the time, nobody ever thought firearms registration could ever be a big deal. It turned out to be a very big deal. The very people affected by it on a very serious level are, ironically, some of the key players in pushing for similar legal measures today.

I'm sure some people will just assume you're a white supremacist if you make any mention of this, since the question is apparently forbidden territory, as your response indicates.

Dave, while I respect the work that you do, I think your head is in the sand on this particular point.

I called nobody a Nazi or made any direct references to America being analogous to 1940s Germany,

Nobody said you did.

Actually, I think the opposite.

I'm certain of that. But we're not talking about what YOU think. We're talking about how this would play out to the larger un-committed, center of the road people to whom you are trying to appeal.

Unfortunately, dredging up what happened prior to WWII and during that conflict doesn't play to this audience. They're one or two generations removed from that.

The message must concentrate on what this measure means today, and why there is a problem with a handful of wealthy elitists pushing it onto every other citizen in the state.

And leave the guy's heritage out of it.

Unfortunately, dredging up what happened prior to WWII and during that conflict doesn't play to this audience. They're one or two generations removed from that.

I consider it to be part of the problem that people overlook the possibility of history repeating itself, as it often does.

The rest of your points I would agree with, begrudgingly. I don't enjoy the prospect of upsetting middle of the road voters, but frankly I find it ironic that their side can play the "dead children" card non-stop, and yet we face the possibility of being called loons if we reference events of recent history.

Guys, Dave Workman is a very respected member of this forum...please try to keep your posts civil.

Dave, it's obvious that this has struck a nerve with you...don't let a couple guys on the internet spin you up. You're better than that.

*Riot Out*

Guys, Dave Workman is a very respected member of this forum...please try to keep your posts civil.

Dave, it's obvious that this has struck a nerve with you...don't let a couple guys on the internet spin you up. You're better than that.

*Riot Out*

Actually, it hasn't struck a nerve with me at all. I'm merely attempting to point out that playing the Jew, holocaust, Nazi Germany card is a loser for our side, no matter how important we think it is.

There's considerable irony in all of this, but that's not the political fight that needs to be fought here. This is about a guy with lots of money — well, actually if you look at the PDC reports, a fair number of Seattle-centric elitist fat cats with lots of money — who think their money gives them some kind of super privilege to tell the rest of us how to live. THAT is the core of this argument.

We've got to present the argument that appeals to those middle roaders. We can't do that by painting ourselves, or allowing others to paint us, into a corner by launching tirades about these folks that can be taken rather personal.

"respected?" I knew there'd be a downside to legalized pot. :s0112: ;) :s0114:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top