JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
9. All political discussion must be directly related to firearms, gun rights, or the second amendment.

There are many different people here with many different viewpoints on various issues. Like religion, discussing these issues here is highly likely to offend and very little good can come of it. We need to be focusing on the things that bring us together (firearms), not the things that have the potential to divide us (politics).

Last edited by a moderator:
Gov executes people all the time, like Dorner for instance. Doesn't require a needle or some debate or ceremony.

Used to be a proponent of CP, but now not so sure. Gov has proven that it is entirely corrupt. Do we really want a corrupt entity to be able to legally kill? Not so sure.

Let the victims family take care of it instead.

Jus like everything else, continue to limit/ remove firearms rights and make the country more dangerous. Just like illegals, cutting LEO budgets, letting convicts go for overcrowding, gun free zones, etc.
limit our rights to protect ourselves while making the country more dangerous and one more aspect for us to NEED poppa govt. We'll need them to make us safer, give us health care, credit, housing, food, etc.

Only problem with the desth penalty is it isn't used fast enough, and it costs waaaaay too much. I know ammo prices are on the rise but one rounds isn't too expensive. I'll donate a box. That 50 less criminals to victimize someone that can no longer legally fight back until their dead

This gives criminals one more reason to not be afraid of doing horrible crimes.
People already have no fear of prison. Just a free place to stay, learn, and network your criminal skills.
They shouldn't get to communicate withthe outside, no cable, no tv at all, no candy, no phone calls, no visitation, no pillows, no mattress, no luxury!!
Make prison a place people fear of going. Make them do hard labor 18 hours a day.

Abd no F-ing sex changes paid by tax payers!! Wtf

Watching the news makes me feel like i'm in the twilight zone

Clearconciense got it right, crimi n also have no fear of justice. They know the DATE will plea bargain and slap their hands & send email on their way!!!
Look at Obama & Holder letting off the crack dealers cause too many were of color!!!
Where's the Justice!!!

For some reason now Governors so not enforce the laws the votes have past. They need to be recalled in order to make a statement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am not against the death as a sentence in and of itself, but I have reservations about the application of it.

The primary issue I have with it, is that there have been, in the last decade or so, cases where it was proven that someone sentenced to death was actually innocent of the crime. Most of this came from DNA tests.

As Thomas Jefferson said "Better one hundred guilty men go free than one innocent man be condemned."

This is the basis of our principle of innocent until proven guilty.

And as much as we hate it when a guilty person goes free due to a "technicality", the flip side of it is that the principle greatly benefits the innocent. If the philosophy of the law was reversed, as it is in some countries, then the fear of government and false accusation would be greatly increased and our freedom greatly decreased.

I personally know a few people that I feel deserve the death penalty - one is dead, but died free, never having paid for his crimes against innocents, and another is in prison, hopefully for the rest of his life. If I had my way and I could have done it without legal repercussions, I would have put a bullet in both their heads.

But I don't want an innocent person imprisoned much less executed.

Beyond that, I do not agree that death is "cruel and unusual" as a punishment. It is an extremely natural consequence enforced by nature itself when we make mistakes. If this a cruel punishment, then nature itself is cruel.

That said, there are arguments regarding the costs vs. cost of imprisonment, and deterrence. Not sure about what the final conclusion would be, but it is an argument that is worth hearing.

I am sure some people might be deterred from crime by the punishment of death, but I would guess that at least some who have committed capital crimes went ahead and did them anyway the possibility punishment did not deter them. OTOH, that is not a particularly good reason to remove punishment - just because some would not be deterred. Personally, I would be more deterred by life in prison than by death, but that is me - obviously some people prefer prison to death.

Then there is the issue of how it is applied (who gets the punishment and who doesn't). It is a valid point that those who can afford it are able to buy their way to lesser punishments (or even acquittals) than those that can't.

It isn't a cut and dried issue.

'Liberal Logic' is easy to understand; If it is bad for the Republic, Do It.
If it is good for the Republic, destroy it.

You'd best believe there is no hesitation in executing perps in Putinstan

Copy Cat.

The Oregon Governor has the same policy.

My view is this - the Innocence Project has gotten over 300 people off of death row. They had to go thru 2 trials to get there - and you know that prosecutors will not take people out of prison just because you have evidence it might not be them. You have to prove innocence.
Three hundred. I have to oppose the death penalty due to this.
February 12, 2014 : 312 EXONERATED
The Innocence Project - Home

Just stumbled upon this
• In Texas, prosecutors are refusing the request of a death row inmate, Larry Swearingen, to test DNA found on the murder weapon. Unfortunately, the state's Court of Criminal Appeals is apparently backing them up.
http://www.austinchronicle.com/daily/news/2014-02-05/cca-denies-dna-testing-in-swearingen-case/

This came up on a talk show yesterday.

Now, am I correct that the people have Washington voted on this and approved the death penalty?

If this is the case, haven't the people spoken? Isn't the Gov. supposed to support and enforce what the people want?

Isn't this going against everything that our Reps. are supposed to be doing?

Time to remove from office!

I suspect the real reason why Governor Inslee has made a ban on execution's is a far more practical one than just political expediency. Consider all the states that want to execute their death row inmates and are being blocked on the grounds of "this time of execution is inhumane". Yes, its a silly argument.

However, both Governors of Washington and Oregon have neatly sidestepped the issue of what is "humane" until the United State's Supreme Court has made its decisions. These moratoriums (temporary stays of execution) will save the state's maybe a few million dollar's in legal fees and time, while giving the appearance of being a "humane, kinder gentler" state. Its a win-win either way for the governors.

Idaho I don't know about- I suspect they think more like Montanans than Washingtonians or Oregonians I suspect.

I can understand the reasoning for and against, pros and cons, why and why not Gov. Inslee may be doing what he is doing.

The question still remains that the people of the state have spoken (voted for the death penalty) so why doesn't he do what he is supposed to do and support what the people want? Not what he wants or what he thinks is best.

Sadly, I believe Gov. Inslee is following the lead of President Obama and Eric Holder and ruling by fiat decree instead of the constitutional process of legislation and approval by the executive branch.

Is there a single democrat left in the country with an original thought? At least the conservatives have some good ideas once in awhile (balanced budget, etc). Of course if we are talking about the death penalty we aren't talking about the tunnel and the megamillion dollar fail that is Bertha the drill. Its so much easier to lead the uniformed if you change the conversation.

Brutus Out

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top