JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I know its been talked about briefly, but has anyone successfully purchased a Glock in the Puget Sound area at a discounted price using the GSSF membership discount? There is a <broken link removed> over on GlockTalk asking for participating dealers in the Seattle area too, but he hasn't gotten much response, so I thought I'd try you guys. :)

I'm hoping to get my first Glock (gen 4 G19) as a workhorse range/fun gun when they come out, and I was wondering if I should join to the GSSF for to take advantage of the discount.

If you have a success story, could you please share, noting the gun shop where you made your purchase, and any steps I need to be sure and take to make things go smoothly. Thanks.:s0155:

I am not GSSF, but I have purchased two Glocks (23 & 26) with the Glock LE / Military discount, from Seattle Police Athletic Association.
Here is their site http://www.spaarange.com/ They are the only Glock Authorized Dealer in the Seattle area.
The discount was approx $90 - $100. Give them a call. They are good to deal with. Their number is at the bottom of the home page. :s0162:

Last Edited:
Does SPA sell to the public? I was looking at their membership page, and it seems like you either have to be some sort of LEO or private security guard.. And membership is not cheap for non-LEO

SPA sells to public. They are regular FFL just like any other and as long as you are
not otherwise disqualified from owning a firearm, pass NICS, etc, you're fine, and
they'll be happy to take your money. Their prices are competitive but not rock
bottom. You'll always find cheaper if you root around a bit. Yet....I've purchased
from the before.

Same for use of facilities. Not LEO or security occupation required. Pass
background check, get references, notarize statement, and turn in application.

Annual for joe blow is about $115-ish. Nice to have pistol, rifle, and shotgun
range so close to my driveway. Banker-ish hours, but the convenience of
location allows for quick access....far exceeds lower membership costs vs
other nearby indoor ranges...for me.

At SPA, I was told that I could only buy a Glock, there. No Ammo. No Holsters. Nothing else, unless I was a member of the range.
The only reason I could by a Glock from SPA was because I qualify for the LE / Military discount and they are the only Glock Authorized Distributor in the area.

i wonder if i missed a policy change or whatnot? i just learned last weekend
that they may be instituting a $5 fee for each head you bring with you as a
non-member guest shooter....heretofore, free.

members are allowed one guest shooter. seems that other members have been
abusing and stretching this privilege and were bringing in 2-3+ guest shooters.
so paying members found themselves vying for shooting space vs non-paying
members. i hate it when folks milk the system and all (including innocents) end
up paying the price.

don't get me started on gravel pits....<grrr>

Thought I'd give an update based on what I've learned lately

First, the program has been expanded to include many more retail stores that sell Glock pistols, not just LE distributors. So, places like Federal Way Discount Guns, The Marksman, Bullseye, etc. all participate in the program. However, it seems like not all of them have a lot of experience with this, so just be clear from the start that you want to buy the gun with the GSSF discount. It's not a bad idea to call them ahead of time, and verify they have a gun they can sell to you through the program, at the price you expect.

Second, you can indeed buy a GSSF gun through the SPA, even if you don't have an SPA membership. Just as they will sell to LE, EMT, military, etc, they will also sell to GSSF members. Of course, GSSF members can only buy one gun per year.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top