JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently had two handguns mailed into a local WA FFL, one came in last weekend (2/17) and the other mid week (2/20). I do not have a CCP yet so I have to wait while the background checks go through. I filled out each background paperwork on different days (the day each pistol arrived) so I'm assuming one will come in approved before the other.

My question is since both guns are still at the FFL, can I pick them up at the same time or do I have to wait until each individual check comes back approved?

Thank you for taking the time to read and respond.

iflylo

I'm not an "expert", but it seems to me that if you want to pick them up at the same time, you'll need to wait until both checks have come back, then go in to pick up both guns. It means your first purchase will sit around for a day or so when you could be playing with it, but if you're going for efficiency...

You do not have to pick up the guns together. As soon as the first state form comes back approved from your local sheriffs department you can pick up the gun on the paperwork. Be reminded that your FFL is required to fill out a federal form if you pick up two or more handguns in one week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the feedback guys. My goal would be to pick up both guns once the first check came back clear, I read online on a WA state gov site that since both guns are still at the FFL this could be done. We'll see next week I guess, worst case scenario I have to wait a few more days for my 2nd piece.

you can buy multiple guns on the same 4473/background check and some FFL's will give you a break on pricing. I've done up to 3 guns at a time twice now, much easier and cheaper than individual checks per firearm.

Thanks for the feedback guys. My goal would be to pick up both guns once the first check came back clear, I read online on a WA state gov site that since both guns are still at the FFL this could be done. We'll see next week I guess, worst case scenario I have to wait a few more days for my 2nd piece.

I don't know how King county conducts business, but you need to read RCW 9.41.090(1)(b) "The dealer is notified in writing by the chief of police or the sheriff of the jurisdiction in which the purchaser resides that the purchaser is eligible to possess a pistol under RCW 9.41.040 and that the application to purchase is approved by the chief of police or sheriff; or

(c) Five business days, meaning days on which state offices are open, have elapsed from the time of receipt of the application for the purchase thereof as provided herein by the chief of police or sheriff designated in subsection (5) of this section, and, when delivered, the pistol shall be securely wrapped and shall be unloaded. However, if the purchaser does not have a valid permanent Washington driver's license or state identification card or has not been a resident of the state for the previous consecutive ninety days, the waiting period under this subsection (1)(c) shall be up to sixty days."

you can pick up your pistols when the Sheriff gives the good to go...OR 5 business days. It is possible for the Sheriff's office not to respond at all, (that is when you have to wait teh whole 5 days) it is also possible for the Sheriff's office to respond almost immeadiately (like here in Okanogan Co.). I have a CPL now, but back when I was doing unlicesed OC, it never took more than 2 days.

I believe you will get 2 dates for the guns. Just like if you bought them at the store 2 days in a row. Or if you bought them 4 days apart
2 different purchases/transactions

The way you would have overcome this is to wait for the second gun to come in before filling any paperwork out.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top