JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Maybe if the penalty were more like "cellphone confiscated, then returned as suppository on the spot" that might have a deterrent effect... and you're paying for your own proctology work to get it out.

The first few pukes get their phones taken away then shoved up their arses, and others might learn from the example.
Yeah, but then you'll have some crazy folks looking for that... just like drug addicts want you to call an ambulance for free drugs.

Maybe if the penalty were more like "cellphone confiscated, then returned as suppository on the spot" that might have a deterrent effect... and you're paying for your own proctology work to get it out.

The first few pukes get their phones taken away then shoved up their arses, and others might learn from the example.

If the device is taken, and then returned after the person has taken care of the ticket ... that might just be a deterrent. Line at the Court, Line at the Department which has the device ... during "business hours" storage fee (reasonable of course)

If the device is taken, and then returned after the person has taken care of the ticket ... that might just be a deterrent. Line at the Court, Line at the Department which has the device ... during "business hours" storage fee (reasonable of course)
And a ban on possession of Personal Electronic Devices (anything smaller than laptop) so they can't just go to Verizon Store and say "so what, I'll just get another..."

Soooo police officers will no longer be allowed to use the computers in their cars unless they're parked? And they have to follow the same rules in regards to their phones?? And if the answer is "that this law doesn't apply to police," what magic do police officers possess that enables them to operate these items safely and effectively, that the rest of us mere mortals don't possess??

After reading the bill and then reading your post I'd have to say that the answer is BRAINS.

I see it all day long I can see down in the cars as they pass me or I pass them because they are driving in the hammer lane doing 45 mph because they are texting lol some time I can spot them from a distance speed up slow down swerving all over WSP a year ago had a cop ride in a truck and had three unmarked cars driving in front of them and he just radio to them telling them witch cars to stop also filming them as the went by

Decades ago, distracted driving was slapping at the fighting kids in the back seat or gals putting on makeup as they drove to work. These days I even see people waving their free arm as they talk - while holding the phone with the other hand. Biggest surprise was looking down at a guy in a Mustang watching a video on his tablet and struggling to keep it steady against his steering wheel.

Then there is this guy
texting on motorcycle.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews