JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Okay all, here is an update for the Triangle Pit:

IMG_20201104_130450.jpg

What the hell, I was going to head out this Wednesday!!!!

I fail to see how timber harvest would effect triangle specifically, but rules are rules :confused::mad:

What the hell, I was going to head out this Wednesday!!!!

I fail to see how timber harvest would effect triangle specifically, but rules are rules :confused::mad:
Well, you have today and tomorrow, hopefully you can make it in those days. Good luck!

I saw a Park Ranger for the first time in my many visits and he was humble.

Well, you have today and tomorrow, hopefully you can make it in those days. Good luck!

I saw a Park Ranger for the first time in my many visits and he was humble.

unfortunately my work schedule prevents that :(.

but alas I may head out to the Nation forest instead....damn long drive but I'll probably make a day of it

that sounds correct...just frustrating every time I make plans they shut it down
Synchronize watches....
Howabout drive 45 minutes to the closest patch of state land, only to find the couple of safe shooting area have the trails to them trenched and bermed, no access. Thanks WA. This is what I discovered in the Bradley Trails area, just West of Stella.

Synchronize watches....
Howabout drive 45 minutes to the closest patch of state land, only to find the couple of safe shooting area have the trails to them trenched and bermed, no access. Thanks WA. This is what I discovered in the Bradley Trails area, just West of Stella.

I normally go out to Abernathy ... lots of places to shoot out there...:)

It is approximately 14-15 miles from I-5 & the Longview exit heading west. Take the Allen St exit off I-5 and go to Ocean Beach Hiway. Follow that to Abernathy Creek Rd., turn right and go to the end of the road. There are LOTS of safe places to shoot. PLEASE pack out what you pack in !:s0132:

It is approximately 14-15 miles from I-5 & the Longview exit heading west. Take the Allen St exit off I-5 and go to Ocean Beach Hiway. Follow that to Abernathy Creek Rd., turn right and go to the end of the road. There are LOTS of safe places to shoot. PLEASE pack out what you pack in !:s0132:
I always clean up my messes and some of the greater messes of others. And, thanks, I will have to map out the place and see if I care to make the drive.

Ouch, this is quite a ways from Tacoma!:(

@trevi , You'll find places in Tahuya and better places near Eldon here (GPS in the description): https://www.trashnoland.org/ (scroll down on the Home page just a little to see the shooting map).

Tahuya is rather limited and has a history of neighbor conflicts. The one spot on the map is a good place but shouldn't be shooting real early or too late.

The Eldon places are good to go. You have several options there. Even though it may look like National Forest Land, they are actually on DNR State Land.

The map will grow as we learn of other 'popular' places.

Bill

Has anyone made it out to triangle recently? Would like to know before I head out there if it's still closed

Edit:
Headed out yesterday and all was well in the pit. Definitely crowded, but not absolutely hectic. 4E060466-AF19-400A-A3FC-85AE7DBDC7C1.jpeg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads