JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just wondering if anybody has heard anything.
Someone told me they went to renew and was told if you are past the 90 grace period or are new, there was a new law that you have to take a 12hr class??
I have not heard anything, did I miss something?? Google search turns up nothing.

Just wondering.

Haven't heard of any changes to Washington law. Oregon requires a one hour safety class and it is about five hours for your Utah permit which is recognized in 30+ states. I might be a good idea to take an Oregon/Utah class in case you have to travel out of Washington.

<- Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel!
Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

Never heard of it either.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
NRA Golden Eagle member
Defender of Freedom Award

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Oregon requires a one hour safety class and it is about five hours for your Utah permit which is recognized in 30+ states.

Oregon does not require a class of any certain duration. I used the free, online training from the Maryland State Police, and it was about a 10-minute online exercise. Unfortunately, Maryland law changed to require instructor-led safety classes, so the online class is no longer offered (from Maryland).

I'm sure if a training requirement was added to the Washington CPL requirements, we would have heard about it on here long ago.

But just to be sure, I just looked at both the applicable RCW's, and the department of licensing web site, and no mention is made in either place about a training requirement.

The only thing about going past the 90 day grace period, is they will have to reapply as if applying for the first time.

Someone told me they went to renew and was told if you are past the 90 grace period or are new, there was a new law that you have to take a 12hr class??
I have not heard anything, did I miss something?? Google search turns up nothing.

Just wondering.
Me and wife just got our new CCP this month, Just 52 bucks , prints and received less than 30 day, no class required.

Just wondering.

They're full of it. There are many CJTC instructors trying to push for mandatory training (mainly so it can monopolize the market on training requirements under the guise of the safety) but there is no law nor is there one even on paper yet.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top