WA CPL Training Requirement??

223to45

Reactions
Just wondering if anybody has heard anything.
Someone told me they went to renew and was told if you are past the 90 grace period or are new, there was a new law that you have to take a 12hr class??
I have not heard anything, did I miss something?? Google search turns up nothing.

Just wondering.

Nick Burkhardt

Reactions
Haven't heard of any changes to Washington law. Oregon requires a one hour safety class and it is about five hours for your Utah permit which is recognized in 30+ states. I might be a good idea to take an Oregon/Utah class in case you have to travel out of Washington.

Reactions
<- Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel!
Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

Never heard of it either.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
NRA Golden Eagle member
Defender of Freedom Award

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Reactions
Oregon requires a one hour safety class and it is about five hours for your Utah permit which is recognized in 30+ states.
Oregon does not require a class of any certain duration. I used the free, online training from the Maryland State Police, and it was about a 10-minute online exercise. Unfortunately, Maryland law changed to require instructor-led safety classes, so the online class is no longer offered (from Maryland).

Reactions
I'm sure if a training requirement was added to the Washington CPL requirements, we would have heard about it on here long ago.

But just to be sure, I just looked at both the applicable RCW's, and the department of licensing web site, and no mention is made in either place about a training requirement.

The only thing about going past the 90 day grace period, is they will have to reapply as if applying for the first time.

Reactions
Someone told me they went to renew and was told if you are past the 90 grace period or are new, there was a new law that you have to take a 12hr class??
I have not heard anything, did I miss something?? Google search turns up nothing.

Just wondering.
Me and wife just got our new CCP this month, Just 52 bucks , prints and received less than 30 day, no class required.

Reactions

Just wondering.
They're full of it. There are many CJTC instructors trying to push for mandatory training (mainly so it can monopolize the market on training requirements under the guise of the safety) but there is no law nor is there one even on paper yet.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show 2021 show is cancelled
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA
22 Rimfire Challenge
Redmond Rod and Gun Club
Redmond, OR 97756, USA
Rimfire Challenge May 8th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    great work refinishing my 27 year old 1991 a1 compact colt .45
    Tim did a great job making my gun look brand new again and replacing the old parts inside. Super Happy!!
  • Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Just a transfer but a great one. A+
    Came here today to meet another forum member to buy a Glock. Was the best transfer I've had the pleasure of doing. Even though I was just there...
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    Great work threading Tikka barrel
    I dropped off my Tikka to have Tim thread the stainless barrel. GREAT work. Excellent communications. Highly recommend Tim. Very good value for...
  • Sound Loan and Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Helpful and Handy
    I have shopped, transferred, bought, browsed, or merely stopped in for a friendly hello or two, and every time without fail I left feeling better...
    • 10mm
  • Sound Loan and Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Definitely recommended
    friendly people, great prices on guns ammo tools, jewelry, other pawn shop stuff, always been easy to deal with
Top Bottom