JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
CCW surge slows as gun rights effort warms up

As backers of Initiative 591 prepare to deliver the first 340,000 signatures tomorrow to the Secretary of State’s office in Olympia, it appears there is a slowdown – albeit perhaps temporary – in the number of concealed pistol licenses issued over the past month in Washington, according to data obtained by Examiner late Monday.

<broken link removed>

Dave, I've gotten some sigs for this, meself.. how many verified sigs do we need, total?
Here's what your SOS says:
Frequently Asked Questions about Circulating Initiative and Referendum Petitions
How many signatures are needed to qualify an initiative or referendum?Based on the number of votes cast for the office of Governor at the last regular state gubernatorial election, the number of signatures required for initiatives is: 246,372 and the number for referenda is: 123,186.
Since a certain percentage of petition signatures are normally found to be invalid due to duplication and non registration, it is recommended that sponsors file as many signatures as possible.

Looking elsewhere, I found it's 8% of the total votes cast for the governor office in the last election.

I saw that "in response to I-594" phrasing repeated on this ballot wiki site (both pages):
ballotpedia.org 591
ballotpedia.org 594
Repeat a lie often enough, it becomes the "truth".
It was in today's Columbian too.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top