JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Now that AG(anti gun) clown is going after the Feds because they aren't paying prisoner minimum wage and he's doing this after deciding the State Doesn't have to pay their detainees the minimum!!! Talk about hypocrite!!!:mad::mad::mad:

It's quite simple really.

I'll put it to you this way.

If you (we) get enough anti-gun politicians in office, any firearms safety classes or experiences you, I or anyone else can be considered obsolete with a vote and a stroke of a pen.

To be "trained" to the new standard will take time and money, and that training will be considered obsolete with an additional stroke of a pen.

You may or may not maintain the knowledge. But it doesn't matter. Regulation and legislation says your training is obsolete.

I am in no way saying not to take or give firearms safety classes, but it's all to easy for a small sliver of the State to completely and absolutely prohibit the right to bear arms.

Look at California.

Are you rich enough or important enough to have the right to legally carry concealed to protect you family or yourself from something that will hopefully never happen?

So you should get a clue, because it's happening in other parts of the Country.

Wa is also an open carry State. You can walk around all day with an un-concealed firearm and no CPL.
Cops in town I live won't give 2 looks to an open carry.

If I have to get a license to carry concealed ... That might just be bordering on "Infringement" or even outright infringement.
After all the 2nd Amendment does read , in part : "The right to keep and bear arms...
Bear in this case being a verb which means:
To carry...
To be equipped with...
At least according to Mr. Webster.

Having to ask a government official permission to exercise my right also seems a bit on the infringement side...
Andy

There has been a lot of discussion on the subjects of Constitutional Carry and National Reciprocity in the last year. While I agree with it for the most part, there is still the question of Safety Training in my mind. I am not trying to be contrary for arguments sake. I have met people that are inherently unsafe around Even a BB Gun.
Once, while serving in the Marines, I entered an adjacent room in the barracks and found myself staring right down the barrel of a .41 magnum. Even in the military, some of the most basic rules of firearms safety are ignored, from time to time. The recent shootout in Dallas was between the police and a former military member and Ft. Hood occurred with an active member. Your DD-214 only proves your expertise with firearms, not that you are stable enough to own a firearm. The same goes for any kind of training you might insist upon.

Just asking here...

Why is it okay for me to carry / bear my firearm openly with out needing a license?...
Yet if I throw a jacket or shirt over my firearm , I need a license / approval to do so.

Am I not still carrying / bearing arms?...Why should just how I carry my firearm make a difference?

To me , asking for approval or needing a license to exercise a right , is bordering on , if not outright , Infringement.
Andy

This is why I oppose a national reciprocity agreement ( forced by the feds ) . I feel it would cause Washington to include a training requirement in its CPL licensing process.

Just asking here...

Why is it okay for me to carry / bear my firearm openly with out needing a license?...
Yet if I throw a jacket or shirt over my firearm , I need a license / approval to do so.

Am I not still carrying / bearing arms?...Why should just how I carry my firearm make a difference?

To me , asking for approval or needing a license to exercise a right , is bordering on , if not outright , Infringement.
Andy

100% agree. Somehow having a gun concealed suddenly makes you a more dangerous person. No logic or reason there, just fear mongering built up over decades of lies and indoctrination.

As much as I agree, that anyone buying a firearm should have had safety and responsibility education, and also know how to shoot and maintain the weapon properly; having a certificate saying you have, doesn't mean you necessarily retained any of that information. I think the negligence articles we read regarding law enforcement officers is a good example of my point. Personally, the education process should be part of the public school health education program. I went for training before buying my own, and I go to the range on a monthly basis; used to go two to three x's a month the first couple years I was shooting.

As much as I agree, that anyone buying a firearm should have had safety and responsibility education, and also know how to shoot and maintain the weapon properly; having a certificate saying you have, doesn't mean you necessarily retained any of that information. I think the negligence articles we read regarding law enforcement officers is a good example of my point. Personally, the education process should be part of the public school health education program. I went for training before buying my own, and I go to the range on a monthly basis; used to go two to three x's a month the first couple years I was shooting.

Exactly, sad that it was cut from the curriculum.:(

Now, another thought comes to mind. The Courts taking away peoples 2A rights (for Violent Felons and certain people convicted of Gross Misdemeanors) This harkens back to post #4. In January of this year while living in yelm (Thurston County) a woman who was friends with a woman who had a beef with my wife, came to our door, the one time and last time I did not have my EDC on my hip when I answered the door, asked to speak to my wife, she then threatened my wife at which time I sent my wife back into the house and ordered the woman off my property, she refused to leave, I then told her to leave or I would call the sheriff and have her arrested for criminal trespass. She proceeded to display that she had a pistol in her waiste band, then pulled the pistol and racked a round while facing me, a quick 911 call by my wife had half of Thurston County Sheriff Department at my house in 6 minutes. She was arrested on Felony Assault W/Deadly Weapon charges. Long story short, she copped a plea to Gross Misdemeanor weapons charges avoided any longer Jail time, but the Judge took way her 2A rights. Granted she can appeal the loss of her gun rights after 5 years with assurance of getting them back. In situations like this, is this punishment proper? Even though it has been confirmed proper by the Supreme Court, is this government intrusion right? Personally I say yes (But of course I do as the Victim of this crime). I will go as far as saying she is very lucky indeed I didn't have my EDC Pistol on my hip that night.

I agree with you mostly...Although, I think you are very lucky you didn't have your edc on your hip...had you drawn your pistol (which my training suggests you don't draw on someone that has a pistol drawn on you), you might be in the 'most difficult time of your life'...she would have possibly fired at you...you might have fired at her...and then what!!!! Big Trouble...Staying out of the court systems is a good thing, especially for the 'good citizen' that you are...if you are still alive.

I can imagine how infuriating it is to have an idiot draw a pistol on you and then chamber a round (what a novice), but they are dangerous and dam stupid...I would hope that the license to carry was revoked for life for someone that displays this sort of behavior... :mad: poor call by the judge. Be Careful, They are Out There!!!

You need to remember that open carry isn't allowed everywhere in WA. Seattle says you can't and so do other cities.
This is absolutely false information. We can and do carry openly in Seattle often; it is by no means illegal. Additionally, there are no cities in WA where open carry is illegal; the State has full preemption.

I'm not sure where you got that information, but it is 100% wrong.

I may be wrong but I know that was the case at one time. I never left anything in Seattle so I don't have any reason to go there. And, Carrying open in Seattle would be an open invitation for trouble. :)
No, not may be wrong; are wrong. ;)

Open invitation for what kind of trouble?

Never actually open carried in Seattle, but all the time in Tacoma and south. We live in Kitsap County and open carry all the time, except in Costco. They will ask you to take the firearm out of the warehouse unless you are a LEO or retired LEO.

This is why I oppose a national reciprocity agreement ( forced by the feds ) . I feel it would cause Washington to include a training requirement in its CPL licensing process.
But, wouldn't it be worth it to be able to "legally" carry in all 50 states? Besides...I thought the NRA was solidly in favor of this initiative.

But, wouldn't it be worth it to be able to "legally" carry in all 50 states? Besides...I thought the NRA was solidly in favor of this initiative.

You wouldnt be able to legally carry in all 50 states. Just the ones that allow concealed carry. I enjoy being able to go down to the sherrifs office, paying my $60 and getting a carry license without having to sit through a whole day listening to a trainer go over 10 minutes worth of material.

In general I'm against the Federal Government mandating that the states do ANYTHING but that may be the southerner in me talking.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top