JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I specifically asked if this was the case, and they specifically said no. If your permit is expired, and you've not yet received the renewal/replacement, you do not have a current permit.

And when I said I came in as soon as I received the expiration notice, they were surprised I received an expiration notice.

I may have recalled when we moved from King to Clark County. Our Renton-acquired CPLs were still valid, accordingly there was no need for receipt coverage. At my age I get to slip up :(

I just renewed my out of state in Vancouver yesterday and was told 60 days, which will put me well past due. My old one was paper and though they touted the new one as plastic with a photo no picture was taken. i did get a receipt for my fees showing process started.
I have Utah also so not worried about the delay, and for the last year pondered letting the Washington state expire as they are covered by reciprocity with Utah. But pressing and ongoing mistrust of Washington's Governmental direction kept giving me thoughts of Washington dropping reciprocity at some future date co chickened out and reapplied to be safe.

I may be incorrect, but isn't it a law to have it within 30 days?
So, what can you do about it?
Are you going to call the Sheriff to report the Sheriff broke the law and didn't deliver your permit on time?
There are no consequences for them. Unless you are willing to sue in court, they will do whatever they want.

So, what can you do about it?
Are you going to call the Sheriff to report the Sheriff broke the law and didn't deliver your permit on time?
There are no consequences for them. Unless you are willing to sue in court, they will do whatever they want.

Two pretty obvious options.

1. You could take a copy of the law and mail it to the city attorney and say that you will be bringing a suet against the city if you don't have your CPL in 5 days.

2. You can sue.

What would I do? I'd consider doing #1 first, but I'm sure as hell not going to wait 90 days for my 'permission slip' to conceal carry. It's complete bs that a right requires a permit, so yes, I would sue. It's pretty clear cut. The law is the law - they are breaking it. If they can't follow it, than it needs to be disbanded because clearly it is is problematic for the citizen to follow the law when the .gov can't even do it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top