JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When the current Clark County Sheriff was running for election the first time he showed up at our gun club annual picnic to campaign. He made a nice speech about the right to keep and bear arms, which he promptly forgot as soon as he won the election.

He is not a friend of the 2nd Amendment.

If I read the article correctly, when he swears in new deputies the oath is to "uphold the Rule of Law", not "uphold the Constitution". (Saw the swearing-in informaation on the CCSO Facebook page.)
Then hopefully many gun owners will remember this come election time.

That would be logical, but I was told that was a no-go the first time I renewed in 2015.
Well if you "ask" an official they would have to tell you no. They can't "ok" something like this. For anyone who finds themselves in this situation. Permit expired, they have done the renewal, just waiting, they would have to decide which they were more worried about. Not having the carry gun, or getting found with the same while permit was in the process of coming to them.

@Alexx1401 that's pretty much what I told him. A few of us are thinking an intervention may be in order, he's just not getting it.

I even took the time to call a DMV office local to him, they said as long as a driver license isn't expired by more than 6 years it can be renewed with only a late fee. Something happened in his life to change him from a fun, hard working guy into a recluse who seems to have lost his drive to thrive. I don't really know and don't want to push my luck jacking a thread.

Then hopefully many gun owners will remember this come election time.

I know I will. The only county in SE Washington without a second amendment sanctuary resolution. Its the bleed over from Portland. Last I did some intell on this guy he wasn't running for re-election. If you are a Clark County resident, I strongly urge you to vote in the next election.

Last Edited:
No problems in Island County, WA. They are most accommodating, to the point of having volunteers at the local office expedite the process. Renew early and it's a breeze!

Hmm, so I applied for first time CPL on Dec 27th also in Clark County. I suppose if you just received yours then I'm still going to be a couple more weeks out (~37 days now if we count weekends)

BG resident. Seems like last time they told me to go to the Sheriff, don't remember why. I called and they said I could do either. Figured I'd try the local PD this time and they were great. They won't mail the new lic but call when it's ready. Asked if I needed any free gun locks when I picked it up. 5 stars.

I just renewed today at Clark County Sheriff in Vancouver. They said it would be 60 days.:confused:

Last Edited:
It's been my experience that the renewal receipt along with the existing (soon to expire) CPL is good until the new one is received, even if the existing one does expire.

I specifically asked if this was the case, and they specifically said no. If your permit is expired, and you've not yet received the renewal/replacement, you do not have a current permit.

And when I said I came in as soon as I received the expiration notice, they were surprised I received an expiration notice.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top