JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I want to apply for a CPL in WA. My question is if my address on my license needs to match the address I put on my application for residence. Upon googling I only found that you need a valid license. The reason my address is different is because I am currently living with my gf but I am not on the lease.

Any help is much appreciated. I hope I made this clear enough.

Here's a thought from the WA DoL which should help, quote:
Things to know
  • You have 10 days after you move to change your address on your driver license or ID card.
  • There's no cost to update your address. There is an additional fee for getting a new card with your updated address on it.
  • Updating your address on your driver license doesn't change your address on your vehicle. You'll need to do that separately.
  • If you want to see what addresses we have on file, log in or sign up for a License eXpress account. Unquote WA State Licensing (DOL) Official Site: Change the address on your driver license or ID card
WA DoL also states to apply, quote:
Photo ID
Now it appears to apply for your CPL you need a VALID state DL, and in DoL's collective mind a valid DL must have the current address where you hang your hat/coat, even if it is your GF's. Where do you get your mail?

Remember the powers to be need to see your criminal & mental health & DV & previous CPL - if any, background.

A driver's license does not become invalid just because it has an outdated address on it. The law only requires you to change the address that's on file with DOL within ten days, it does not require you to get a new ID every time you change your address.

I think you'll be fine so long as the address on the CPL application matches the address on file with DOL.

For many years my WDL did not have my actual current address on it, it had my address of record. Where I slept changed from day to day at Uncle Sam's discretion. I always used a relative's address on official forms and as my mailing address during the days when I was military or sleeping around. If the address that you used on your WDL is no longer valid change it.

I want to apply for a CPL in WA. My question is if my address on my license needs to match the address I put on my application for residence. Upon googling I only found that you need a valid license. The reason my address is different is because I am currently living with my gf but I am not on the lease.

Any help is much appreciated. I hope I made this clear enough.

Where do you get your mail? That is the address to give them assuming it's not a PO box. Then don't start in with them like you did here. As long as your mail still goes to the address on your license use that. If you start giving multiple addresses there is a good chance some bureaucrat will hold up things. If where you get your mail is not the same as license? Change the address on the license on line and use that address when you apply.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top