JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I live in Clark County, my understanding of the process is you pay $49.00 for the NCIC background check and wait for the issuance. No requirement for training ( not that I would need it)like Oregon correct? Seems pretty straight forward from what I've read on their website.

As I recall the process....

Not a prohibited person.
No formal training required.
Body NOT at room temperature.
Smart enough to fill out some form(s).
Fingers to print.
Cash $ and ID with you.

Go to the Sheriffs Office (Down Town Vancouver) and....

git-r-done.jpg

Aloha, Mark

I just got back from the Clark County Sheriffs downtown. They had a female deputy tell me " were not doing initial applications due to COV19". I expressed my frustration and left. That's some unconstitutional bs!

Last Edited:
Well.....being that certain states and cities (example: Seattle) have somewhat suspended the Constitution. A permit to carry? Yeah, THAT right there.....

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, unless I say it's reasonable.

But, it's still better.....versus where I came from. So, I should feel "better?"

Aloha, Mark

Well.....being that certain states and cities (example: Seattle) have somewhat suspended the Constitution. A permit to carry? Yeah, THAT right there.....

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, unless I say it's reasonable.

But, it's still better.....versus where I came from. So, I should feel "better?"

Aloha, Mark

They advised me to open carry ha ha. Unreal. Their excuse was they didn't want to finger print because of " close proximity".

They advised me to open carry ha ha. Unreal. Their excuse was they didn't want to finger print because of " close proximity".

I understand your frustration. Below is a link to "LiveScan." Livescan is a widely used and credible finger printing service. There is a fee...usually $25-$30...at least when I've used it. Call your sheriff back...be polite...and see if they will accept this method of finger printing.

If they won't accept it, then ask if you can go do a different county who is still issuing? Note...I don't know what might be involved in this...whether your sheriff would have to call the neighboring county and pave the way, etc. But I would certainly ask.

It's ludicrous that they won't issue. Especially as they can run a background check on you without your finger prints...they do it in gun stores all the time. They should at least do that and issue you a damn permit and then have you come back when they're doing their fingerprinting. :rolleyes:

Good luck! And may the odds be ever in your favor!

I understand your frustration. Below is a link to "LiveScan." Livescan is a widely used and credible finger printing service. There is a fee...usually $25-$30...at least when I've used it. Call your sheriff back...be polite...and see if they will accept this method of finger printing.

If they won't accept it, then ask if you can go do a different county who is still issuing? Note...I don't know what might be involved in this...whether your sheriff would have to call the neighboring county and pave the way, etc. But I would certainly ask.

It's ludicrous that they won't issue. Especially as they can run a background check on you without your finger prints...they do it in gun stores all the time. They should at least do that and issue you a damn permit and then have you come back when they're doing their fingerprinting. :rolleyes:

Good luck! And may the odds be ever in your favor!

Great idea! I just drafted a letter up explaining I don't feel comfortable doing " open carry" and that I would be willing to perform a live-scan at a alternate location ha ha. I wonder what their response is going to be. Basically explained the situation of initially being denied and i'm willing to work together on finding a " solution".

Them telling me to open carry is hilarious. I ain't trying to get shot... Especially in this atmosphere. Ha ha.

Last Edited:
So my local police department only does it on Wednesday from 9am to 11am .
Like everyone said do the paperwork do the finger prints.
Pay money and wait.
It was in my mailbox 17 days later.
If you want a Utah permit or some other states they require a safety class

So I managed to finally have time to call Clark County Sheriff's Office, to see if they're doing new applications. The clerk says the earliest appointment is December the 28th. HA, what a bunch of bs. I guess it's easier if I move.

Great idea! I just drafted a letter up explaining I don't feel comfortable doing " open carry" and that I would be willing to perform a live-scan at a alternate location ha ha. I wonder what their response is going to be. Basically explained the situation of initially being denied and i'm willing to work together on finding a " solution".

Them telling me to open carry is hilarious. I ain't trying to get shot... Especially in this atmosphere. Ha ha.
On the contrary. Tell the SO that while you don't want to open carry, their unwillingness to help you abide by the law is going to force you to do that very thing.
Then remind them that there are a lot of crazies out there in the world and you don't want to become a victim. Do all of this politely.

LEO's don't have a choice in FTF with the public. If any staff is exposed they are immediately placed on quarantine and off duty!

From another thread:

"Just got a callback from Clackamas county for a CHL appointment....they are booked out until mid December :eek: Got lucky and they had a cancellation on September 8th. At this pace my Utah CHL might come back sooner. "

Call a larger county with different protocols and see if they can help. After all they will collect the fees!

Smiles,

LEO's don't have a choice in FTF with the public. If any staff is exposed they are immediately placed on quarantine and off duty!

From another thread:

"Just got a callback from Clackamas county for a CHL appointment....they are booked out until mid December :eek: Got lucky and they had a cancellation on September 8th. At this pace my Utah CHL might come back sooner. "

Call a larger county with different protocols and see if they can help. After all they will collect the fees!

Smiles,

Close proximity my ___________. The local Nail Salon and Barber Shop are OPEN FOR BUSINESS.

But...think about it. No one wants to get the virus and there is NO guarantee that you won't/can't catch it at work.

So.....figure in your daily contacts too.

Meaning.....
You get the virus and you blame your work place environment. Really? Did you catch it at work or.....what about that floozy that you had a close relation/contact with?

I read an article that said that the rates of STDs is up. Humm......"social distancing"?:p

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:

From another thread:

Smiles,
Which Beggs the next question... Can you apply for CPL in a different county that you don't reside in? For instance could I goto Cowlitz County and apply if I live in Clark?

If the answer is yes I'm gunna be upset for wasting time lol.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top