JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey man, so I had my girlfriend go through VPD they do appointments only. Tried calling the sheriff department but they were literally booked through January as VPD let me book it 3 days after my call, all said and done now just waiting for her license in the mail

Hey man, so I had my girlfriend go through VPD they do appointments only. Tried calling the sheriff department but they were literally booked through January as VPD let me book it 3 days after my call, all said and done now just waiting for her license in the mail

Thanks so much! I went to Vancouver's Police Station and did my application and fingerprints for my CPL. They were great!
No bs. Quick and easy! I got the appointment the same week. Very professional and easy going unlike the Sheriff's office.

I found out Oregon doesn't recognize other states CCW/CPL? What kinda bs is that? Lol

Renewed my out of state Washington CPL today. Walked into Clark County with renewal app in hand. Deputy at door checked temperature and that the form was completed. Sent me over to the cashier, paid, and had a photo taken for the new plastic card. Was told about 60 days mailed, in and out in about 20 minutes.

Not sure why they require you to show in person, other than the photo, this could have been done by mail.

Last edited by a moderator:
The virus continues to be used as cover by those who want an excuse not to do something. For whatever reasons. Can't be bothered, saves on the budget, don't think civilians should carry, etc.

The virus continues to be used as cover by those who want an excuse not to do something. For whatever reasons. Can't be bothered, saves on the budget, don't think civilians should carry, etc.
This is interesting and sad at the same time. Definite BS from the sheriff's office.

We had ours done this summer 'in the midst of COVID' and the only difference from any other day would have been the masks and abundance of sanitizer used on hands, fingerprint scanners, etc. In fact IIRC the office staff person who fingerprinted us wasn't even wearing a mask, nor was anyone else we saw working in the SO's office, including the Sheriff himself whom we spent 25 minutes chatting with from across his desk.

More so, since the only open DMV anywhere close by is a three hour round trip and weeks or months out for an appointment, I couldn't replace my out-of-state license so they just issued it as that while my better half, who does have her new WA DL, was in state. They told me the only concern they have with CPL's is that the DL# on the CPL MUST match your DL#, regardless of state issuance. $10 for a new one once I get my in-state DL. No photo required in our county.

FYI if you're out of state you can apply at ANY police station in the state, while as a resident it's your local PD or sheriff's office.

Our CPL's arrived in the mail in about ten days. :)

This is interesting and sad at the same time. Definite BS from the sheriff's office.

It isn't just the Clark Co. Sheriff's Office. It's anybody who needs/wants an excuse not to do something. Government entitites in particular find this useful because their pay/resources continue regardless. But private enterprise uses the virus excuse to cut corners, cut employee hours, reduce services that are losers, and so forth. Okay, so something no longer makes money, tell me it's no longer profitable, you're no longer doing it, and I won't take it amiss. It's a business decision. But I don't like every fail in the book to be characterized as a result of the virus.

Bank of America is a classic example. Cutting tellers, closing branches. Now they are claiming it's all due to the virus. Excuse me, they started doing this way before the virus hit. But the virus provides a convenient excuse and they hope nobody remembers life before the virus. They really don't care much for retail business anymore anyway. They are making money hand over fist refininancing mortgages. Which they turn around and sell to a third party. Artificially low interest rates provided by the Fed and instigated by the government are a great gift to the banking business.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top