WA CPL process?

Reactions
I live in Clark County, my understanding of the process is you pay $49.00 for the NCIC background check and wait for the issuance. No requirement for training ( not that I would need it)like Oregon correct? Seems pretty straight forward from what I've read on their website.

ma96782

Reactions
As I recall the process....

Not a prohibited person.
No formal training required.
Body NOT at room temperature.
Smart enough to fill out some form(s).
Fingers to print.
Cash $ and ID with you.

Go to the Sheriffs Office (Down Town Vancouver) and....

git-r-done.jpg

Aloha, Mark

OP
W
Reactions
I just got back from the Clark County Sheriffs downtown. They had a female deputy tell me " were not doing initial applications due to COV19". I expressed my frustration and left. That's some unconstitutional bs!

Last edited:

ma96782

Reactions
Well.....being that certain states and cities (example: Seattle) have somewhat suspended the Constitution. A permit to carry? Yeah, THAT right there.....

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, unless I say it's reasonable.

But, it's still better.....versus where I came from. So, I should feel "better?"

Aloha, Mark

OP
W
Reactions
Well.....being that certain states and cities (example: Seattle) have somewhat suspended the Constitution. A permit to carry? Yeah, THAT right there.....

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, unless I say it's reasonable.

But, it's still better.....versus where I came from. So, I should feel "better?"

Aloha, Mark
They advised me to open carry ha ha. Unreal. Their excuse was they didn't want to finger print because of " close proximity".

Reactions
They advised me to open carry ha ha. Unreal. Their excuse was they didn't want to finger print because of " close proximity".
I understand your frustration. Below is a link to "LiveScan." Livescan is a widely used and credible finger printing service. There is a fee...usually $25-$30...at least when I've used it. Call your sheriff back...be polite...and see if they will accept this method of finger printing.

If they won't accept it, then ask if you can go do a different county who is still issuing? Note...I don't know what might be involved in this...whether your sheriff would have to call the neighboring county and pave the way, etc. But I would certainly ask.

It's ludicrous that they won't issue. Especially as they can run a background check on you without your finger prints...they do it in gun stores all the time. They should at least do that and issue you a damn permit and then have you come back when they're doing their fingerprinting. :rolleyes:

Good luck! And may the odds be ever in your favor!

OP
W
Reactions
I understand your frustration. Below is a link to "LiveScan." Livescan is a widely used and credible finger printing service. There is a fee...usually $25-$30...at least when I've used it. Call your sheriff back...be polite...and see if they will accept this method of finger printing.

If they won't accept it, then ask if you can go do a different county who is still issuing? Note...I don't know what might be involved in this...whether your sheriff would have to call the neighboring county and pave the way, etc. But I would certainly ask.

It's ludicrous that they won't issue. Especially as they can run a background check on you without your finger prints...they do it in gun stores all the time. They should at least do that and issue you a damn permit and then have you come back when they're doing their fingerprinting. :rolleyes:

Good luck! And may the odds be ever in your favor!

Great idea! I just drafted a letter up explaining I don't feel comfortable doing " open carry" and that I would be willing to perform a live-scan at a alternate location ha ha. I wonder what their response is going to be. Basically explained the situation of initially being denied and i'm willing to work together on finding a " solution".

Them telling me to open carry is hilarious. I ain't trying to get shot... Especially in this atmosphere. Ha ha.

Last edited:

EPS

Reactions
So my local police department only does it on Wednesday from 9am to 11am .
Like everyone said do the paperwork do the finger prints.
Pay money and wait.
It was in my mailbox 17 days later.
If you want a Utah permit or some other states they require a safety class

UPCOMING EVENTS

Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Pistol
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Rifle
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Upstanding Vendor!
    Have worked with this business twice and both times were outstanding! Will definitely keep going to him when I'm up in that area! Shoot, will...
    • HA556
  • Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    Hellcat OSP
    I almost put "Limited "Covid induced" inventory" as a Con, but thought that wouldn't really be fair to them! The aftermath of Covid has depleted...
  • Vancouver Weapon Werx
    5.00 star(s)
    I have done a lot of deals here
    Gary's easy to work with when in town.
  • Vancouver Weapon Werx
    5.00 star(s)
    Excellent Business!
    I have been going to Vancouver Weapon Werx for years and know both owners quite well. The only downfall is I go there to purchase or have a gun...
  • SafeFire Indoor Shooting Range & Retail
    5.00 star(s)
    A great, safe place to go shooting
    Love this place!! Great staff, the range masters are friendly, helpful and alert. This is a safe place to shoot. The store is kind of low on stock...
    • GWS
Top Bottom